Hiding books in Logos 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 231
Charles | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 9 2019 12:54 AM

It appears that hiding books is not working in Logos 8.  I have tried several times to hide books but they remain.  I do receive a message that my library catalog is indexing but nothing seems to happen.  I'm selecting the books, holding down the Option key, right clicking, and then selecting hide.  This is on a Mac running Mojave 10.14.3.

Hiding books in Logos 7 was very fast, almost immediate.  Is there a different method for hiding books in Logos 8?  I've followed the directions as given in the WIKI.

Thanks.

In Christ,

Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7+, iOS 12.0  

Posts 25583
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 1:06 AM

To the best of my knowledge, there has been no change. Have you closed and reopened Logos after the reindexing?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 231
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 4:24 AM

Thanks for replying.  Yes, I have closed Logos and re-opened it after the Library indexing was finished.  I should mention that the Logos 8 package I downloaded was the free Basic. Some of the books that I'm trying to hide were included with that package.  Not sure if that makes a difference or not?

I have hidden books previously with Logos 7 and they are hidden as soon as the Library completes its indexing.  Not so now with this new Basic Logos 8 package.

In Christ,

Charles

Posts 10331
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 5:24 AM

Charles:
This is on a Mac running Mojave 10.14.3.

Logos 8.3 Beta 2 Mac OS 10.14.3

Tried this with 3 different resources, and they all disappeared from my library instantly. Perhaps logs would shed some light on your problem—See the Mac Logs link in my signature.

Posts 231
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 12:56 PM

Thanks Jack.  I think part of my problem is that I may not have given the Library enough time to complete its indexing which may have led to some corruption.  I have a good CCC backup which I can recover from and then try again.

By the way, your Mac Logs link appears to be broken, however, the WIKI has logging instructions that I can follow.

In Christ,

Charles

Posts 12813
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 1:01 PM

8.3 beta has a bug where hidden books can be downloaded on a new installation. Is that relevant here?

Posts 24017
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2019 1:11 PM

Charles:
 I should mention that the Logos 8 package I downloaded was the free Basic. Some of the books that I'm trying to hide were included with that package.  Not sure if that makes a difference or not?

Most of those would be access-only or Temporary resources, but I had no problem hiding such a resource (license:temporary in the Find box).

Enable logging and try to hide a resource with license:permanent, then upload the logs.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 10331
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 5:31 AM

Charles:
By the way, your Mac Logs link appears to be broken, however, the WIKI has logging instructions that I can follow.

Thanks for letting me know—I had not checked it lately. It is fixed now. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS