Beta 3: Constant loop: Resources are ready to be added to your Library; Still there

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 403
George | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 12 2019 2:05 PM

Beta 3 is still doing it.  I got the Logos 8 basic and "Brand New: A 40-Day Guide" was supposed to be added to my library but it wasn't.  I kept getting the same message after restarting Logos.  In the end I deleted the downloaded resource from ResourceManager\Downloaded.  It gave an error after restart.  I clicked on Retry and it was OK after that. I am running Logos on Windows 10.

Posts 2197
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 2:09 PM

George,

What message did you get? Did you by chance get your logs? Do you have "Automatically Download New Resources" set to yes on in your Program Settings?

Posts 403
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 2:17 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have the logs.  It was always the same message: "Resources are ready to be added to your Library. They will be added after restart".  Can't recall the exact message.  Same message after every restart.

"Automatically Download New Resources" is set to yes.

I will try to do the same thing on my laptop and see what happens.

Posts 2197
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 2:33 PM

George:

Unfortunately, I don't have the logs.  It was always the same message: "Resources are ready to be added to your Library. They will be added after restart".  Can't recall the exact message.  Same message after every restart.

"Automatically Download New Resources" is set to yes.

I will try to do the same thing on my laptop and see what happens.

Do you mean that the message stays after you restarted?

Posts 403
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 2:40 PM

Not an issue on my laptop.  I should have saved the logs.  If it happens again i will make sure I'll save the logs.

Posts 403
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 2:42 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
Do you mean that the message stays after you restarted?

Yes, the message was there and the same after multiple restarts.

Posts 3019
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 3:58 PM

Having the same issue here is my file, all new resources are downloaded and indexed, but keep getting notice.

46046.Logos.log

Spoke to soon this item was purchased, shows in library but notice is saying "this resource is not currently available on this device, but here's a preview..."

Beale, G. K. (2012). Handbook on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament: Exegesis and Interpretation. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic.

Posts 3019
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:33 PM

Whyndell Gizzard:

Having the same issue here is my file, all new resources are downloaded and indexed, but keep getting notice.

46046.Logos.log

Spoke to soon this item was purchased, shows in library but notice is saying "this resource is not currently available on this device, but here's a preview..."

Beale, G. K. (2012). Handbook on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament: Exegesis and Interpretation. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic.

Ok this is crazy- updated Verbum, 100% ok- L8, still having issues as noted above Confused

Posts 24155
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:49 PM

Whyndell Gizzard:

46046.Logos.log

The log says that discovery failed; which is likely why it ended up in this state. Is that definitely new to you (not an update)? What happens if you try to download it from the preview?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3019
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 2:35 AM

Dave Hooton:

Whyndell Gizzard:

46046.Logos.log

The log says that discovery failed; which is likely why it ended up in this state. Is that definitely new to you (not an update)? What happens if you try to download it from the preview?

Just bought the volume- tried to download from preview, link is dead doesn't work. Updated Verbum worked as expected no issue.

Posts 3019
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 2:55 AM

Finally got the resource to download, had to delete from resource and download folders, restarted 3 times before it recognized it, but all is fine- by the way this happened after installing latest beta- never had this issue before then.

Posts 24155
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 3:14 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:
Finally got the resource to download, had to delete from resource and download folders,

The good old way (although I'm surprised it got into the Resources folder).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3019
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 3:30 AM

Dave Hooton:

Whyndell Gizzard:
Finally got the resource to download, had to delete from resource and download folders,

The good old way (although I'm surprised it got into the Resources folder).

I deleted from resource folder first, then restarted app, this time it still showed as added to library, but it allowed the preview to be viewed, so I checked resource folder again, it was not there. I then deleted it from downloads folder, restarted several times before it downloaded book- this time it worked.

I think something went wrong with the original download like it never completed.

Posts 24155
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 1:13 PM

Thanks for the additional informatiion.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS