Isn't Seven Years Long Enough?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2328
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 13 2019 5:41 PM

I know it can take a while for resources to go from prepub to shipping, but isn't almost 7 years long enough?  I'm reading Isaiah and would like to use this resource.

Posts 27561
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 6:43 PM

Ronald Quick:
isn't almost 7 years long enough?

7 years for what? When did it go "under contract?" 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 7:24 PM

Apparently not. I would assume that the translator was not employed until it moved into development (unknown date) ... then there is time for translation, editing, producing the Verbum resource ... However, there are resources available to learn Latin Geeked

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2328
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 8:05 PM

I’m not sure when it went “under contract “. But I know it’s been several years.  It initially had both the translation and Latin text like the Jeremiah commentary that it still in prepub.  But logos changed it to just the English several years ago. 

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 8:14 PM

Ronald Quick:
 It initially had both the translation and Latin text like the Jeremiah commentary that it still in prepub.

It would be interesting to know whether the Latin text was dropped because of lack of interest or because a critical text was difficult to create.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 12:36 AM

Surely you don't want it still doughy in the middle do you?  

Posts 68
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 5:57 AM

I imagine it will be still longer yet. If I'm not mistaken, the translation was picked up by Emmaus Academic some point along the way (which lists the print publication date as Fall of this year). 

Those who have been around the Verbum forums for some time will immediately recognize the translator for this one.

Posts 2328
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 8:40 AM

At least that gives me some news.  I wasn't sure if it was being worked on or not, but it looks like it is.  Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS