Reward program???

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6
Funnyguy | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 13 2019 7:08 PM

I sent an email about a week ago regarding what I'm about to post and havent heard a word back.

Does Faithlife/Logos offer reward programs to users who find flaws within the program and/or website? 

If you would contact me by email i would love to share what that is...  Any person at Faithlife/Logos who has the ability to make decisions please contact me
Posts 25966
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 7:15 PM

Welcome to the forums. No, we report bugs in the forums or through various email addresses provided in the documentation or through particular Faithlife accounts. We do it for free which permits us to complain loudly, whine, nag, grouse, bellyache etc. as fits our mood after encountering the bug.

PS. The forums are for users helping users not for an effect way to contact Faithlife personnel.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6
Funnyguy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 7:20 PM

This error isnt with the program...

Posts 25966
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 7:25 PM

Funnyguy:

This error isnt with the program...

The forums are not limited to the programs. If I received a message not describing the problem but asking about rewards before I retired from IT, my mind would immediate wonder if something illegal was being considered - but that's just me.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 41
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 7:54 PM

You won't typically see reward programs with companies of this size - there's a risk/reward ratio that starts to make more sense at a certain size. 

Also, for some companies there's a black market for vulnerabilities, and the bug reward program is generally used to combat that. I can assure you Faithlife is not one of those companies. I would just do the right thing and report the bug to tech support.

Posts 1672
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 8:24 AM

I haven't received an email from you.

I did find a random "I know about your secret" email in my spam filter this morning that said the person knew my 'passphrase' (they didn't) and wanted me to send $1,000 via bitcoin to avoid being 'exposed'. Was that you?

If you'd like to report a legitimate bug or security problem, we'd love to hear about it. You can email me at bob@faithlife.com. If it's a legitimate security issue, we'd be happy to show our appreciation with a thank you gift, like other companies with a reward for finding problems. But if you're asking for payment by bitcoin in advance of revealing the problem, under threat of going public... then it feels more like a scam.

In case you're wondering, my passphrase is "Shibboleth". :-)

Posts 6
Funnyguy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 2:20 PM

Mr Bob Pritchett

I read your message and sent you an email tonight... Hope to hear from you soon

Posts 1672
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 8:43 AM

FWIW, in case people are curious, I got the email and it was a legitimate issue, and is being resolved, with a reward. (It wasn't a security issue, but rather a way our discounting could be abused. Our users tend to be honest, so we don't invest too much code in preventing intentional abuses of our discounts -- especially since everything is tracked/logged -- but this was another one we should keep an eye on.)

Posts 769
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 8:57 AM

Thanks for letting us know, Bob! The line for me was blurred between being suspicious and being just plain curious. I'm glad it was a positive thing for everyone.

Posts 27017
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 9:43 AM

Yes

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 242
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 7:43 PM

I asked if this was a bug or intentional, Bob, and didn't hear anything back. But, when Faithlife comes out with coupons $5 off $50 or $10 off $100. The coupon works based off of the original price and not the sale price. So, you could get a product $5 or $10 off a item that is on sale for $10 but was originally $50 dollars (which would make the item free). Are you aware of this and don't care? Or is this a bug that should be fixed? Thanks!

Posts 6072
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2019 7:49 PM

Andrew Biddinger:

I asked if this was a bug or intentional, Bob, and didn't hear anything back. But, when Faithlife comes out with coupons $5 off $50 or $10 off $100. The coupon works based off of the original price and not the sale price. So, you could get a product $5 or $10 off a item that is on sale for $10 but was originally $50 dollars (which would make the item free). Are you aware of this and don't care? Or is this a bug that should be fixed? Thanks!

I’ve never seen anything like that. When it’s $10 off $50 it’s always included items that are on sale also. They write blog articles about how you can save more by purchasing items that are already on sale with the coupon so long as your total is $50 or more.

So no bug. Sometimes you get $10 off $50 sometimes is just $10 off any item on sale or not 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 878
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2019 4:16 PM

Hi, Bob. Good to hear about this reward program, I just sent you an email with title "Bug report in coupon code". Please take a look. Hopefully I can also get a reward from you. Thanks!

(P.S. I also kind of wonder what kind of bug do one need to discover in order to be rewarded by a lifetime unlimited access to Logos, like any books / TV / mobile ed offered by Logos / Faithlife. That would be the dream of many of us!)

Posts 372
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2019 2:43 AM

Kolen Cheung:

(P.S. I also kind of wonder what kind of bug do one need to discover in order to be rewarded by a lifetime unlimited access to Logos, like any books / TV / mobile ed offered by Logos / Faithlife. That would be the dream of many of us!)

This kind! Cool

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 2108
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2019 8:43 AM

DAL:
So no bug. Sometimes you get $10 off $50 sometimes is just $10 off any item on sale or not 👍😁👌

That's why I was always thinking it could be intended. Anyway, I never hid the fact that this feature (or bug) existed, and I occasionally made use of it, even in front of FL employees. Since I was never told off for it, I believed (and still believe) it was legitimate and intended.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 242
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:06 PM

DAL:

DAL

Thanks for your response guys! I haven't had a problem using it either. :) Just wanted to make sure! Yes

Posts 878
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:22 PM

Bob Pritchett:

FWIW, in case people are curious, I got the email and it was a legitimate issue, and is being resolved, with a reward. (It wasn't a security issue, but rather a way our discounting could be abused. Our users tend to be honest, so we don't invest too much code in preventing intentional abuses of our discounts -- especially since everything is tracked/logged -- but this was another one we should keep an eye on.)

I wonder if the bug can be revealed after it's being fixed? This can gives us an idea what sort of bug report could result in reward. I filed one and hasn't heard since so probably mine is too minor (or even intensional) to be deemed should be fixed.

Posts 878
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2019 3:06 PM

After more than a month I heard from Bob and got rewarded!

To make it more effective, may be CC to another staff next time just so that it won't get lost?

Posts 810
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2019 8:38 AM

Andrew Biddinger:

Since this post I haven't received any promotions like the ones described above. I don't know if this related to this post or whether Faithlife are just running less promotions like this now. I do miss being able to pick up "nice to have" books in my wishlist when incentivised to do so. Obviously all the other sales are still very much appreciated.

Posts 878
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2019 1:57 PM

Some people said that behavior is intentional.

Just to emphasize that telling Bob only might not be a good strategy. Try to also include an employee in the loop.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS