Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 70
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 17 2019 8:52 AM

We’re currently experiencing a high load on our servers. This is resulting in a high number of sync errors.

We apologize for the disruption and understand the importance of these services. We’re currently investigating the issue. For further updates, check out the Faithlife Proclaim group.

Posts 70
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2019 2:51 PM

The number of failed requests has died down and things seem to be back to normal. We apologize for the disruption and will be looking into the underlying cause in the coming days.

If you continue to have issues, please feel free to email support@faithlife.com or give us a call at (888) 634-2038.

Posts 3
Scott Webb | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2019 11:16 AM

Was there any problems this morning?  I had an awful time trying to get the remote app to work properly.  I would constantly get the slide change error.  Actually, I never got it to work properly.  It was frustrating.

Thanks

Scott

Posts 587
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2019 9:55 PM

Very sorry for the frustrating experience! It does look like one node was having some issues during that time.. while that shouldn't have caused too much issue, it could have been what caused your poor experience!

In addition, you may want to try out the local wifi mode in the remote.  This should create a more consistent experience (especially when people have poor wifi) as everything is done on your own network.

This article shows how to set it up: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007375871-Proclaim-Local-Wi-Fi-Remote

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 3
Scott Webb | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 5:15 PM

Thank you Jordan.  After the service, I actually changed over to the local wifi.  Hopefully, that will help eliminate some issues in the future.  The transition of the slides seemed much quicker as well.  Thanks again.

Posts 5
Rev. Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2019 3:03 PM

I have had issues with the remote app as well for the last couple of weeks. LOTS of slide change errors, making it pretty much unusable. we just upgraded out bandwidth to 100mbs... not sure what else to do. 

Is the problem resolved yet?

Posts 974
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2019 3:32 PM

Rev. Lawrence Becker:

I have had issues with the remote app as well for the last couple of weeks. LOTS of slide change errors, making it pretty much unusable. we just upgraded out bandwidth to 100mbs... not sure what else to do. 

Is the problem resolved yet?

NO! I had a ton of the same issues today. Very frustrating. I feel as though FL should know what the issue is by now. Enough people have complained over the last month that they should be able to identify the issue. I am getting frustrated with these issues. And when they are reported (over and over again), the response seems to be to treat this like its a new and isolated incident, when it is neither. 

Please FL, PLEASE get this issue fixed before next Sunday. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 9:55 AM

Faithlife servers used by the Proclaim Remote and following Signals were slow or intermittently unavailable during the 8-9am PST window. We have been actively working to address the increase in load and this Sunday exposed a different bottleneck than the previous Sunday. I'm very sorry for the disruption. We have a plan for resolving this issue before next Sunday. 

Jordan mentioned this above but using the local WiFi option for the Proclaim Remote should eliminate the slide change errors.

This article shows how to set it up: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007375871-Proclaim-Local-Wi-Fi-Remote

Posts 5
Rev. Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 10:23 AM

Thanks for the information... I found the issues still happening throughout the whole service on Sunday from 19-11:15 am pst. It was so bad and embarrassing that I joked about seeing how well my iPad Pro would do as a frisbee... I almost wasn’t joking. I would get constant slide change errors, or the iPad would simply fail to respond, acting as if it was in follow mode rather than control mode. I was fortunate to have people paying attention in the control booth, but they made a few mistakes and it was disruptive. 

I have noted your instructions on going to local WiFi mode - how is that different from the usual remote app operation?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 10:28 AM

Rev. Lawrence Becker:
I have noted your instructions on going to local WiFi mode - how is that different from the usual remote app operation?

In local WiFi control mode your iPad will communicate directly with the machine in the booth, over your local WiFi network. Therefore there's no dependency on Faithlife servers for slide rendering and slide changes, and should mean less latency.

Posts 5
Rev. Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 10:35 AM

Ok - thanks... so your iPad is no longer connected to the internet, and just linked to that computer, right?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 11:23 AM

Rev. Lawrence Becker:

Ok - thanks... so your iPad is no longer connected to the internet, and just linked to that computer, right?

Sort of Smile, Proclaim still tries to use the Internet connection to broadcast slide changes (so things like the Logos app can follow signals) but it's not necessary for the remote to change slides. In other words, your church could lose connection to the Internet completely and the Proclaim Remote will still be able to changes slide.

Posts 5
Rev. Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2019 2:23 PM

Thank you for all your efforts on this issue. Proclaim remote worked perfectly today (as well as at services on Ash Wednesday evening and our school chapel on Friday morning). I had ZERO slide change errors... whatever you’re doing, keep it up!

Pastor Becker

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2019 9:12 AM

Thanks for letting us know Pastor Becker!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS