Bob Question

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 120
David Manning | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 3 2010 9:25 AM

Bob's Last Blog on Mac, BUT PC Version is in beta:

Last update on the Blog: By Bob Pritchett on March 18, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Ok what is the update status now? Its now June, and ready. OK i know the Logos 4.o PC is still in the beta stages, why? I know it is because we are on the update BETA Channel on PC version. So we paid good money for LOGOS 4.o PC version and Still in the beta Stages, why?

But the real question is MAC VERSION, when?

MacBook Pro 15" Retina 1TB Flash 2.8 Quad i7 16 GB Ram OSX 10.13.4

iMac 27"3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 - 32 GB Ram 10.13.4

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 9:32 AM

David Manning:

Ok what is the update status now? Its now June, and ready. OK i know the Logos 4.o PC is still in the beta stages, why? I know it is because we are on the update BETA Channel on PC version. So we paid good money for LOGOS 4.o PC version and Still in the beta Stages, why?

Not entirely sure what you're asking, but the PC version is released.  Subsequent release versions go through a beta cycle, but the one that is distributed to customers is not beta.  (Unless, of course, your definition of beta means that a feature you want is missing--in that case see the link in my signature line below for the current timeframe)  My copy of Logos 4 for Windows works great.

David Manning:
But the real question is MAC VERSION, when?

You should be posting in the Mac forum for Mac questions.  But what are you really asking anyway?  When will it be beta?  When will it be final? That's been asked several times, and here's a recent answer from a Mac developer: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/16728/126615.aspx#126615

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 419
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 9:43 AM

David Manning:
OK i know the Logos 4.o PC is still in the beta stages, why? I know it is because we are on the update BETA Channel on PC version. So we paid good money for LOGOS 4.o PC version and Still in the beta Stages, why?

David, the Windows version of Logos 4 has been officially released since November 2009. If you are using the "Beta" update channel, that means that your system is automatically downloading any upcoming beta versions that have been released for public testing. To use the current version of Logos 4, simply type “Set Update Channel to Default” into the command box.

For more info, see http://wiki.logos.com/Update_Channels.

Hope that helps,

Adam Borries
Logos Support

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 10:10 AM

David Manning:
BUT PC Version is in beta:

Todd is correct, as always. The PC version of Logos 4 is not a beta by industry definition. Features that are not yet included do not cause a version to remain in a beta classification. (Example: If GM plans on producing cars that steer themselves to your home and work destinations while you read the morning news, but that feature has not yet been included in your car, it does not mean your current model is a prototype. You purchased a complete car.) Logos 4.0c is a release version.

There has been much confusion created for forum readers by including threads covering beta testing with threads concerning the release version. When we read of crashes, non-functional or misbehaving features that previously worked, it is the beta testers talking in front of the rest of us. They are helping Logos iron out the bugs in future upgrades so we don't have to deal with those issues.

I think it was a smart move to make beta posts available to the readership but if they could be differentiated somehow from the release version posts there would be less misunderstandings. (Maybe a royal blue header or caveat: "This thread is about the beta version.")

Logos 4.0c is a fine, fully-functional software program. It has design elements some posters may prefer to change but it does do what is is designed to do.

btw: When I worked at DELPHI '95~'98 (Saginaw Steering Gear) they were already developing the self-driving auto. It is achievable. And so is Logos 5.0! Wink

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 4:00 AM

One other point that may be obvious to some but not others, there is almost ALWAYS a beta version being tested. Why?  Logos moves forward with new features. That's a good thing. So if someone feels that the existence of a beta is somehow a bad thing or reflects an incomplete product, that's inaccurate. The programs that never have a beta are not stable they are obsolete (think Microsoft Money Hmm)

Posts 6699
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 5:01 AM

Matthew C Jones:
When I worked at DELPHI '95~'98 (Saginaw Steering Gear) they were already developing the self-driving auto. It is achievable. And so is Logos 5.0! Wink
Logos 5.0 That is so obsolete. I have 6.0 and am testing 7.0. You are way behind the 8 ball. Big Smile

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 7:21 AM

btw: When I worked at DELPHI '95~'98 (Saginaw Steering Gear) they were already developing the self-driving auto. It is achievable. And so is Logos 5.0! Wink

Just to let you know ahead of time...

There will be a couple of (rather large) gentlemen visiting you this evening who would like to talk to you about the non-disclosure agreement you signed back in 1995. LOL Stick out tongue

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 9:22 AM

Anthony Hamlin:
There will be a couple of (rather large) gentlemen visiting you this evening who would like to talk to you about the non-disclosure agreement you signed back in 1995. LOL Stick out tongue

I doubt DELPHI & the US President can find it under the mountain of Bankruptcy Court proceedings. They still owe me thousands. Angry

Uh oh. There's somebody at the door!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 9:52 AM

Matthew C Jones:

I doubt DELPHI & the US President can find it under the mountain of Bankruptcy Court proceedings. They still owe me thousands. Angry

I'm sorry to here that. Surprise

Matthew C Jones:

Uh oh. There's somebody at the door!

Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS