Wow! This could be a first! Order this community pricing book for $2 and if a few people do that, we'll all get it for $1!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18770
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 3 2010 5:39 PM

The latest addition to the Community Pricing program is Abraham Kuyper's The Antithesis between Symbolism and Revelation.

I've never seen a book surge up in orders to go over the top so quickly, and the price come down so low due to the enthusiasm generated. This might be a first -- we might actually be able to get this book (really just a lecture of his; 27 pages) for the lowest price point on the scale in community pricing: $1!

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/6492

Can we do it?

If you aren't willing to pay more than $1, then bid $1 and you'll only get it if the price does go down to $1 by June 11. But at this rate it is very likely to.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 5:51 PM

I can not imagine this not being an error of some kind.  Needless to say, I placed my bid :--)

Posts 62
Lester Busald | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 6:03 PM

I think more importantly if a few more bid we can get "Great Christian Doctrines" down to seven dollars.  It is about 95% at the seven dollar mark.

Posts 2355
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 6:21 PM

The lowest community pricing that I know of before this was St. Paul and Justification for $3.00 in October 2008.

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 8:28 PM

Lester Busald:

I think more importantly if a few more bid we can get "Great Christian Doctrines" down to seven dollars.  It is about 95% at the seven dollar mark.

Great Christian Doctrines (1200 pages) $8 price ends at noon Pacific time Friday, 6/4.

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 9:49 PM

Lester Busald:
"Great Christian Doctrines" down to seven dollars.

There is no $7 price point. Only $6. The only pricing options are what is shown on the graph.

Posts 18770
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 1:48 PM

The Kuyper book has now made it down to $1. It can't go any lower. This is the cheapest Logos resource I've ever seen  (not counting the free ones), apart from Luther's 95 Theses which costs $0.95.

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 2:12 PM

Rosie Perera:
It can't go any lower.

In the past, Logos has adjusted the pricing range for a community pricing item (I think it was once due to their cost model changing).

While this one is as low as it can go, it would be interesting to see what would happen if Logos changed the range from 10 cents up in 10 cent increments. Not that it really matters at this point though.

Posts 1660
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 6:12 PM

At this rate, Logos will be paying us! Yes  Big Smile

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 3666
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 7:21 PM

Besides price - why this book?  I, too, am surprised at how far it to being ready for prepub, but I do not know enough about the book to understand why I should add it to my library.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 18770
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 7:52 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Besides price - why this book?  I, too, am surprised at how far it to being ready for prepub, but I do not know enough about the book to understand why I should add it to my library.

Here is a passionate endorsement of it: http://trinitypastor.wordpress.com/2008/12/27/abraham-kuyper-the-antithesis-of-symbolism-and-revelation/

You can actually read the whole thing online for free. It is reproduced in entirety starting on p. 51 of volume 2, issue 3 (July 1993) of Ordained Servant, a journal for ministers in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church. See here (starts at fourth page of the PDF file).

But it's well worth $1 to have it in your Logos library and be able to highlight in it, right click to look up theological terms in it, etc. I'm pretty surprised they're going to charge $19.95 for this lecture once it hits pre-pub, and possibly as much as $29.95 once it ships. IMHO, it shouldn't be any more than $5 or 6 in the end, even accounting for Logos to get some mark-up income from it. I bid $6 initially, but I'm glad to be getting it for $1.

Posts 1929
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 5 2010 1:37 AM

Clinton Thomas:
In the past, Logos has adjusted the pricing range for a community pricing item (I think it was once due to their cost model changing).

I keep hoping that they would do this for Barnes Notes.... but alas, it just sits there at 60%

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 5 2010 12:16 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

Clinton Thomas:

I keep hoping that they would do this for Barnes Notes.... but alas, it just sits there at 60%

Actually they did. 

When Barnes was first introduced the pricing scale was different - I believe it bottomed out at $30 and a number of folks begged for lower price point, I think I may have been one of them.   Logos complied and added tick marks down to $10 and there it sits today, Aside from a recent flury of activity which still leaves it wanting, it hasn't progressed much.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS