Visual Copy/Media Tool issue

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 25 2019 9:32 AM

When selecting a verse, choosing "Visual Copy", clicking "Find Media", then scrolling to the bottom for more images to load, I get the following (see screenshot) without any further images loaded. This has be happening for a long while now, but it wasn't much of a deal. Now, I would like to see the images that are not loading.

Posts 220
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 1:28 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

When selecting a verse, choosing "Visual Copy", clicking "Find Media", then scrolling to the bottom for more images to load, I get the following (see screenshot) without any further images loaded. This has be happening for a long while now, but it wasn't much of a deal. Now, I would like to see the images that are not loading.

Hi Erwin,

Please do the following:

1. Please close Logos.
  2. Use these instructions to make sure that Logos is fully up to date.  These instructions are usually used to install Logos, but work just fine for getting it up to date as well.
  3. Once Logos opens full screen, look to the upper right.  If there is a blue circle with a number inside it, it means that Logos is still updating.  Wait for the blue circle to go away.  This is an automatic process so there is no need to supervise it, simply leave the computer on and do not turn it off until the blue circle goes away. 
  4. Let us know if you need further help with this.
Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 4:43 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Hi Erwin,

Please do the following:

1. Please close Logos.
  2. Use these instructions to make sure that Logos is fully up to date.  These instructions are usually used to install Logos, but work just fine for getting it up to date as well.
  3. Once Logos opens full screen, look to the upper right.  If there is a blue circle with a number inside it, it means that Logos is still updating.  Wait for the blue circle to go away.  This is an automatic process so there is no need to supervise it, simply leave the computer on and do not turn it off until the blue circle goes away. 
  4. Let us know if you need further help with this.

Hi Joe; No change in Visual Copy after the recent upgrade to 8.3 RC 1.

I forgot to mention that I am on Windows 10 Logos 8 (2 machines). I was on Logos 8.3 Beta 4 and just prior to replying, upgraded to Logos 8.3 RC 1 (8.3.0.0018).

The issue is present on both machines.

Observations

Of the 689 image results, only 54 are displayed. Is it possible that there is a server issue preventing the images from being downloaded from Faithlife?

Thanks

Posts 220
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 10:48 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Hi Erwin.  I am sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with this. 

This tool depends on your Internet connection.  Do you see an improvement if you move your computer closer to the router, or connect to the Internet using a cable instead of WiFi? 

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 12:56 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Hi Erwin.  I am sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with this. 

This tool depends on your Internet connection.  Do you see an improvement if you move your computer closer to the router, or connect to the Internet using a cable instead of WiFi? 

Hi Joe; Our internal network or internet connections speed is not the issue. It has to be either within the Faithlife infrastructure, the servers, or an issue with the software as I see.

Our network: 1G internal CAT-5E ethernet. 400M internet download speed. 10M internet upload speed. 802.11AC WiFi.

The Computers (using Logos): 1. Intel Core i& 860, 8M RAM, 1G Ethernet, 2 high capacity mechanical hard drives. 2. Dell Precision M4800 Laptop with Intel Core i7, 32G RAM, 1G Ethernet, 802.11ac Wifi, 2 SSD.

Logos version 8.3 RC 1 on both machines.

Other devices (irrelevant at this time): 1 iPad 6th Generation, 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Both with Logos mobile apps.

Hope this helps in diagnosing the issue.

Thanks

Posts 4570
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 1:05 PM

I would post a screen shot but as it would be essentially the same as Erwin's I won't bother  :-)

This is a formal 'Me too' post

Posts 220
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 2:18 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

It has to be either within the Faithlife infrastructure, the servers, or an issue with the software as I see

Please accept my apologies, Erwin, I am now able to reproduce this problem and am writing up a case.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Posts 220
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 2:20 PM

Mike Binks:

This is a formal 'Me too' post

Thanks, Mike, for confirming this.  Now I myself can also say 'Me too'.

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 4:45 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

It has to be either within the Faithlife infrastructure, the servers, or an issue with the software as I see

Please accept my apologies, Erwin, I am now able to reproduce this problem and am writing up a case.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks, Joe; Looking forward to the fix and viewing the current unviewable images. Smile

Posts 1013
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 5:23 PM

I am experiencing the same issue on 8.3.0.009, running on Mac 10.14.2. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 2429
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 12:33 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

This should be working correctly now.

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 3:57 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

This should be working correctly now.

Hi Philana;

Big Smile Yes, it's working great. Wow, so many more images to choose from. Smile

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS