Feature Suggestion: Rename Resource Title from Library

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 25 2019 2:43 PM

It would be really helpful to be able to rename a resource from the library window (pictured). Currently, I open the resource, have to go to the information window, and then rename it. Time-consuming when trying to rename large batches of titles.

I envision it would be similar to how I can change a doc name by simply clicking on the doc icon on my Mac desktop.

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 4:14 PM

Good suggestion. I would use that feature if is were available.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 4:23 PM

Richard Villanueva:
It would be really helpful to be able to rename a resource from the library window (pictured).

You can. Just make sure you have the information pane open within the library panel. You can then click on the title in the information pane to rename it.

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 5:09 PM

Mark Barnes:
You can. Just make sure you have the information pane open within the library panel. You can then click on the title in the information pane to rename it.

Huh... never saw this! Helpful. Not exactly what I was looking for. Still helpful! Thanks Mark. 

I think I would still like to see it implemented to where I can click on the title and rename it, but your solution does expedite the process to where I don't have to open the book! I noticed that when I click on the title, it opens the resource. If I click on the series or type, it selects the resource without opening it.

Again, thanks! Forums to the rescue again!

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 5:10 PM

FYI: What I see when I open the info pane from the library for those interested.

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 6:23 PM

Richard Villanueva:
I think I would still like to see it implemented to where I can click on the title and rename it

That's what I thought you were saying in the first place.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 9:45 PM

Bruce Dunning:
That's what I thought you were saying in the first place.

yep! That would be ideal, to me. Mark’s workaround is faster, but I would prefer being able to rename the book by clicking on the title. And maybe a double click would open the resource From the library window. 

Posts 3789
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 6:16 PM

I'm betting that the program doesn't work that way in order to dramatically reduce customer service calls and forum posts from angry people who changed the titles of their books by mistake.

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 6:22 AM

SineNomine:

I'm betting that the program doesn't work that way in order to dramatically reduce customer service calls and forum posts from angry people who changed the titles of their books by mistake.

I never thought of that but it sure would be possible.

Posts 81
Phil Quigley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 6:50 AM

Bruce Dunning:

SineNomine:

I never thought of that but it sure would be possible.

Could easily remedy that by adding an "Edit" button maybe next to the "Info" button. Or make it a Ctrl+Right-click. Or something along those lines. I could see something like this being a useful feature.

Posts 28477
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:13 AM

SineNomine:

Yes Tongue Tied

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS