Any hot rumors on MM?

Page 3 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 82 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 924
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 2:33 PM

David Carter:

Interesting that in places it talks about "digital book bundles" but elsewhere it says "64 commentaries". Clear as mud at the moment.......

Which has now (by pure coincidence lol) been changed to "64 book bundles" Big Smile

Posts 2337
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 2:37 PM

Then Black Friday should probably also be renamed.

https://groth.eu/news/trademark-dispute-over-black-friday-in-germany/

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 127
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 2:53 PM

Christina de Martínez (Faithlife):

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this in the morning... but I'm getting really excited about it too!

You can get a sneak peak of the brackets here: https://www.logos.com/march-matchups-brackets

But just remember, you didn't hear it from me... Stick out tongue

Go Habakkuk, go!

Posts 127
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 3:29 PM

Word on the street is that Verbum will also be running a bracket on the Church Fathers...

https://bracket.verbum.com 

Posts 688
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 3:45 PM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

Word on the street is that Verbum will also be running a bracket on the Church Fathers...

What street is that: Viale Centro del Bosco or Via del Governatorato?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/00120+Vatican+City/@41.9037971,12.4482048,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x1325890a57d42d3d:0x94f9ab23a7eb0!8m2!3d41.902916!4d12.453389

Posts 1024
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 6:10 PM

https://bracket.verbum.com 

Cool!

Posts 3084
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 6:29 PM

Dale E Heath:

What street is that: Viale Centro del Bosco or Via del Governatorato?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/00120+Vatican+City/@41.9037971,12.4482048,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x1325890a57d42d3d:0x94f9ab23a7eb0!8m2!3d41.902916!4d12.453389

Via del Pellegrino, north of the grocery store.

Posts 797
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 8:39 PM

David Carter:

David Carter:

Interesting that in places it talks about "digital book bundles" but elsewhere it says "64 commentaries". Clear as mud at the moment.......

Which has now (by pure coincidence lol) been changed to "64 book bundles" Big Smile

I saw it when it said 64 commentaries, too. Note to self: take a picture next time so that people will believe you.

Posts 955
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:07 AM

Bundles it is. That'll save me lots of money. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed. The format until 2017 used to cost me lots of money as I could buy resources I wanted/needed. Buying bundles of commentary sets (as last year) or bundles of commentaries on a specific book (as this year) costs too much - given they'll include more commentaries than I'll need or want.

Posts 72
John Crupper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:22 AM

I just went though the first round and clicked on a couple of the items. I concur w/ the relieved vs disappointed notion. Looking at the prices, even with the top winner I'm thinking it may be too much money. It's likely to shape us one of two ways.

1) I already have many/most of the resources which will (assuming dynamic pricing) lower the cost but may mean there's not much I want or am interested in. 

or

2) The reverse, lots I want but the price is too much to justify.

Oh, well. There's always 2020.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:23 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Bundles it is. That'll save me lots of money. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed. The format until 2017 used to cost me lots of money as I could buy resources I wanted/needed. Buying bundles of commentary sets (as last year) or bundles of commentaries on a specific book (as this year) costs too much - given they'll include more commentaries than I'll need or want.

Yeah, just checked the prices for Logos and Verbum and they're all way outside of my budget, even with 70% off. Gutted.

Posts 120
DBR | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:28 AM

I agree. Good thing I don't have any money to spend anyway. Big Smile I can't afford any of it. I have a pretty good size library, but the cheapest before discount price of the bundles I clicked on was $500. Already have most of the commentaries I want so I am sure this MM will be a hard pass for me.

Posts 62
Avi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:55 AM

James McAdams:

Paul Caneparo:

Yeah, just checked the prices for Logos and Verbum and they're all way outside of my budget, even with 70% off. Gutted.

Same for me... The prices are way too high! I was hoping to get some of the newer commentaries discounted, but I guess I won't be buying anything this year...

Posts 1605
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 9:00 AM

Like many others, the bundle size for MM just seems way too much for me, even if they won. That said, I found the Verbum fathers collections smaller, and found a few that would be attractive since I had most of it already (eg. Athanasius), and for better or worse a few where I already had all of the collection (eg. Justin and Irenaeus).

I certainly am rooting for a few Fathers in the Feud...

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 9:03 AM

Avi Lebedev:

James McAdams:

Same for me... The prices are way too high! I was hoping to get some of the newer commentaries discounted, but I guess I won't be buying anything this year...

This is quite the emergency. If the bundles are so big, who's going to buy? Can Logos tweak the sale?

Posts 10210
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 9:08 AM

Lee:

Avi Lebedev:

James McAdams:

This is quite the emergency. If the bundles are so big, who's going to buy? Can Logos tweak the sale?

Just wondering, maybe it's Dynamic Pricing Madness? Which would almost mean richies (newbies) and large library folks?

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 9:20 AM

Denise:

Just wondering, maybe it's Dynamic Pricing Madness? Which would almost mean richies (newbies) and large library folks?

This might spell trouble for the sale.

Or else, break the bundles up, e.g. bundle A, B, C of Habbukuk.  By "type" (technical, etc.) or age.

Posts 3266
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 9:26 AM

Well there is always putting it on a no-interest, $5/month fee payment plan!  I agree with the majority of others though thus far... this sale is bananas.  I do hope some people can find a use out of it but the bundles are just too big for my liking.  I feel blessed to own the amount of resources that I do at the moment but when I look at some of these bundles I'm getting maybe 25% off w/ dynamic pricing which results in a $500 price tag for only one book of the Bible.  Again I hope some can find a good use for this but I do miss the commentary sale from last year.

Oh wells, 2020.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 11:37 AM

Beer

...but seriously...

In a competition between sugar and protein, does protein really have any chance? Word for word, Hh:abhaqquuq is the most important book in the Bible, so expect this to be the most lop-sided bracket of all.

Posts 6473
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 11:43 AM

People! Remember the OT was written for our learning (Romans 15:4). Let’s treat it as the Word of God too!

Ok, now, BTW, even with dynamic pricing these bundles are quite expensive.  I’ll wait until the end, but I’ll probably won’t be buying anything this March “Matching.” Why did they even change the name. Madness sounded so much better than matching and having the OT take a lopsided beating by the NT. The word of God in a boxing or MMA bout beating itself? Bad name for the contest IMHO 

DAL

Page 3 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS