Laptop help/advice

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Mark Bishop | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 26 2019 4:07 PM

I have a custom built PC I use with Logos, and a Dell 17" 2 in 1 with an ssd that runs logos.  The issue is the 17" is good for home study, but a hoss to carry around to shops, travel when I do, and battery.

So I'm looking for a smaller laptop that will run Logos, and my other software,  just fine.

I was looking between a yoga 730, matebook pro X, and Dell xps.  Any tech people have good advice between these?  I'm leaning towards matebook but not sure. 

Posts 2129
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 4:14 PM

The Dell XPS 13 is a rock solid choice. I don't know of a single Windows machine that has had a consistently high level of praise as the Dell. The latest model has corrected some of the previous editions' shortcomings.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 17
Mark Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 4:15 PM

I'm also not against a used mac as I'm used to both OS. 

Posts 1
Ian Brooks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 6:45 PM

I would pick Dell XPS

Posts 14
Tong Shin Kai Clarence | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 12:08 AM

All are fine choices for logos. But if the matebook x pro is what u want,wait for the new model to be out on sale. When the new model is being sold, you can either get the new model or get the old one at a lower price i think.

Posts 1366
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 12:35 AM

I bought a laptop a year ago with the touch screen. I am quite happy with it , although the touch screen may not make that much difference.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 17701
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 7:00 AM

Mark Bishop:

I'm also not against a used mac as I'm used to both OS. 

Apple Certified => https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/mac

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1888
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 7:34 AM

All you mentioned I think are good choices.  I recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad x1 tablet and absolutely love running Logos on it.  Yes, it would be helpful if Logos was more touch friendly.  But despite that, I am pleased with how it runs on the tablet.

My son runs Logos on the Yoga 730 and it also works great

Posts 882
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 7:38 AM

The updated MackBook Air or Surface Pro 6 might be good lightweight options.  If you want a little less application functionality you could go with an iPad or Android tablet using the Mobile App.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS