REQUEST: I miss/need CTR+. for bullets in notes tool and sermon document editor

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 752
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 4 2019 6:36 AM

The old notes tool had two keyboard shortcuts that worked really well.

• CTRL+. for bullet points
  • CTRL+ / for number list

Please add these into the new notes tool and the sermon document editor.

I understand there are keyboard shortcuts for these in the new notes and/or sermon tools (and tried to use them), but I can't remember them, can't find where they are documented, are three-key combos and the old ones have been working well for years - why change?

Having to leave the keyboard to grab the mouse and click on the icon to start a bullet or number list is more than inconvenient.

Respectfully requested by an old dog willing and trying but not always able to learn new tricks/shortcuts. Embarrassed

Thank you.

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 6:47 AM

Those are Rich Text shortcuts. I'm not sure if the RTF commands are compatible with the new notes system. They may be, I don't know.

The good news is that those RTF commands will work (and are the only formatting tools available right now) in the Notes field in a workflow.

Posts 752
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 3:12 PM

They don't do anything in the new note editor, so it looks like they would work fine (like other RTF shortcuts do).

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS