Confused over March Madness

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1178
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 7 2019 9:12 PM

March madness has always confused me. Maybe it's my unfamiliarity with American basketball ?

What I am wondering is ...........is the collection on Matthew https://www.logos.com/product/171506/matthew-study-collection "out" and will not be (potentially) discounted further?

Posts 218
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2019 9:31 PM

You're correct - it simulates a knockout tournament - the winners go through to the next round. In this case, the bundles that get to the higher rounds will receive higher discounts.

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 1178
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 9:29 AM

Jeremy White:

You're correct - it simulates a knockout tournament - the winners go through to the next round. In this case, the bundles that get to the higher rounds will receive higher discounts.

Thanks Jeremy. Just to be clear. Is the Matthew bundle still "in" and may be reduced further? Or has it been voted out and the present discount is as good as it is going to get?

Posts 21604
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 9:39 AM

Mike Tourangeau:
Is the Matthew bundle still "in" and may be reduced further? Or has it been voted out and the present discount is as good as it is going to get?

The Matthew bundle has been voted out - the Ezekiel one against which it was matched got more votes - so this is as good as it is going to get - 40% discount

Posts 1178
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 9:45 AM

Graham Criddle:
so this is as good as it is going to get - 40% discount

Thanks! I bought a volume in the package last week but I may return it and get the package.

Posts 218
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 5:11 PM

The bundles are dynamically priced so you should get credit for your previous purchase. You will not pay twice for the same book.

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 10428
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 10:28 AM

Jeremy White:
The bundles are dynamically priced so you should get credit for your previous purchase. You will not pay twice for the same book.

Yes, you will get credit for your previous purchase, but it will not equal what you paid for the resource. For instance, if the price of the bundle is 50% of the total price of the included resources, you will get credit for 50% of the cost of owned resources.

In Mike's case, the strategy would be to see how many other resources contained in that bundle he would want. If he wants a substantial number of the resources and still wants the entire bundle, returning the individual volume and purchasing the bundle would make good sense.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS