Announcement: Ship Date for Galaxie's Theological Journal Library, vols. 1-20

Page 2 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 74 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 1788
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 8:43 PM

Theo:

What is the status of the 4.1 bundles now mentioned in your post?

The TJL Upgrade bundle is in production and should ship in a couple of months. I think the others are going into production soon and may ship this summer, but I’m less sure about the timing on them.

Theo:

Will all bundles be a November/December release if Galaxie maintains its schedule in one bundle to rule them all with the 4.1, 5.1, 6.1's all getting the #1 tagging and the Galaxie stuff #2 tagging?

Like I said above, I think we’ll probably ship the Galaxie collection annually in October/November. When we’ll ship the Logos journal bundles isn’t clear yet. We’re looking into some additional funding sources that could allow us not to have to wait for funding before producing them. But we don’t know enough yet to give any kind of indication of the future shipping schedule. Let’s get all the current bundles shipped first, and then we’ll figure out where to go from there.

Posts 1788
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 8:47 PM

Mark:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
I‘m not sure what you’re seeing, but all of the volumes in the collection have been produced and will ship to users in two weeks on March 22.

I am seeing an asterisk after all 49 new resources.  At the bottom of the page, it says "* Your purchase includes this resource, which isn’t available yet. The resource will automatically download to Logos once it’s available."

Is it possible that the website needs to be updated?

Okay. I see. Sorry about that. This is a newer product page template that wasn’t designed for use with Pre-Pubs. I’ll have the team take a look at how to improve this messaging for Pre-Pubs. Rest assured, though, that all of these resources will ship with the rest of the collection on March 22.

Posts 292
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 12:26 AM

Glad that some journals are finally being released. Thank you!

Posts 1941
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 4:55 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Like I said above, I think we’ll probably ship the Galaxie collection annually in October/November. When we’ll ship the Logos journal bundles isn’t clear yet. We’re looking into some additional funding sources that could allow us not to have to wait for funding before producing them. But we don’t know enough yet to give any kind of indication of the future shipping schedule. Let’s get all the current bundles shipped first, and then we’ll figure out where to go from there.

Phil, this is your biggest stumbling block for Logos journals.  People aren't going to pay to fund them because they don't trust that they are going to be produced on a regular schedule, and you guys aren't willing to produce them until they are funded EACH CYCLE.  It's a vicious cycle.  Logos is going to have to start producing journals on a regular schedule BEFORE people are going to be willing to go all in and start purchasing them again.  Showing consistent releases is the only way that people will be willing to buy in.  Once people see that Logos is going to be consistent, more people will purchase them.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 110
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 5:03 AM

Joseph Turner:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Phil, this is your biggest stumbling block for Logos journals.  People aren't going to pay to fund them because they don't trust that they are going to be produced on a regular schedule, and you guys aren't willing to produce them until they are funded EACH CYCLE.  It's a vicious cycle.  Logos is going to have to start producing journals on a regular schedule BEFORE people are going to be willing to go all in and start purchasing them again.  Showing consistent releases is the only way that people will be willing to buy in.  Once people see that Logos is going to be consistent, more people will purchase them.

👍

Posts 1922
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 5:34 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Okay. I see. Sorry about that. This is a newer product page template that wasn’t designed for use with Pre-Pubs. I’ll have the team take a look at how to improve this messaging for Pre-Pubs. Rest assured, though, that all of these resources will ship with the rest of the collection on March 22.

Thank you

Posts 6154
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 6:41 AM

$941 is too expensive IMHO 

DAL

Posts 1788
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 1:55 PM

Joseph Turner:
Logos is going to have to start producing journals on a regular schedule BEFORE people are going to be willing to go all in and start purchasing them again.

We tried that with version 3, and it didn't work—by quite a large margin. We weren't in the position to repeat that for multiple years in the hopes that it would eventually pencil out.

As I said above, we’re looking into some additional funding sources (and cost-savings measures) that could allow us not to have to wait for funding before producing them. I'm hopeful that this'll be the key that unlocks the door of consistently publishing journals.

Posts 1788
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 1:55 PM

Charlene:

Glad that some journals are finally being released. Thank you!

You're welcome. Thanks for your support.

Posts 1788
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 2:07 PM

DAL:

$941 is too expensive IMHO 

DAL

It depends on your needs and perspective. For years many have considered the Galaxie Theological Journal Library a great value: $50 for 50 years of journals, only $1 each—just a tiny fraction of what you would pay to get them in print, if you could even track them down. They've been producing them for 20 years, and 20 x $50 = $1,000.

I understand that $1,000 is more of a shock to the budget than $50/yr. for the last 20 years.

Posts 1941
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2019 6:00 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Joseph Turner:
Logos is going to have to start producing journals on a regular schedule BEFORE people are going to be willing to go all in and start purchasing them again.

We tried that with version 3, and it didn't work—by quite a large margin. We weren't in the position to repeat that for multiple years in the hopes that it would eventually pencil out.

As I said above, we’re looking into some additional funding sources (and cost-savings measures) that could allow us not to have to wait for funding before producing them. I'm hopeful that this'll be the key that unlocks the door of consistently publishing journals.

Yes

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2992
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2019 11:00 AM

Joseph Turner:

Supplementing Phil's response to the above, I'll note that he's already said that subsequent updates for Galaxie shouldn't have to go through Pre-Pub, which means that, for the Galaxie collection, FL is intending to do what you want.

Posts 10452
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2019 11:05 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
I understand that $1,000 is more of a shock to the budget than $50/yr. for the last 20 years

Did you really need to remind me that I have spent THAT MUCH? Stick out tongue

Posts 619
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2019 11:59 AM

Ok, so I have a pre-pub for the Galaxie, coming in at $308.  I have a pre-pub for the Master 4.1 coming in at $270.  Which is the better deal?

Posts 1788
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2019 1:04 PM

Michael S.:

Ok, so I have a pre-pub for the Galaxie, coming in at $308.  I have a pre-pub for the Master 4.1 coming in at $270.  Which is the better deal?

The Master Journal Bundle is a better value. Journals there are priced closer to $.50 for each volume/year instead of the $1 each in the Galaxie TJL product.

But the Galaxie product includes journals not in the MJB. So you'll likely want to buy both.

Buying them in the order of MJB followed by Galaxie TJL would probably be the most cost-effective, but that would require waiting a few months, since TJL will ship next Friday and the MJB is still a a few months out.

Posts 43
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2019 1:08 PM

The MJB has a date? 

Posts 1788
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2019 2:23 PM

Josh:

The MJB has a date? 

Not an official date yet. But I think we're about to (or just recently have) put it into production.

Posts 8835
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2019 5:21 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

The Master Journal Bundle is a better value. Journals there are priced closer to $.50 for each volume/year instead of the $1 each in the Galaxie TJL product.

But the Galaxie product includes journals not in the MJB. So you'll likely want to buy both.

Buying them in the order of MJB followed by Galaxie TJL would probably be the most cost-effective, but that would require waiting a few months, since TJL will ship next Friday and the MJB is still a a few months out.

My two packages show an overlap of 6 volumes. Ideally it would have been better if MJB shipped before Galaxie TJL but it is only a cost difference of $3 at $.50 a volume.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 681
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 2:56 AM

I agree totally here with what Joseph Turner has said - I believe this is a real issue for many potential customers. they see the system as broken - so are unwilling to invest in it.

However I totally see the Faithlife concern that it "has" to be financially viable.

Somehow the impasse need to be dealt with or we will remain in this situation.

If we can get to a point where trust in the system is restored/built - the potential is a for a LARGE number of serious scholar and bible students to make great use of the Logos facilities and also sell large volumes of journal issues.

For myself - this was (when it was looking good) was THE reason I decided on Logos.

So the incremental cost of each years additions are very acceptable. However I recognise that the cost to get to this point for most would seem prohibitive.

Shalom

Posts 619
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 3:15 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
The Master Journal Bundle is a better value.

Thank you Phil for your response.

Page 2 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS