Colour-coding the Bible text

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 168
Paul Chatfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 10 2019 8:58 AM

Hi all - it is not uncommon for people to go through a paper version of the Bible and colour in various bits they've read according to certain rules e.g. https://womenlivingwell.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Bible-Coloring-Chart-Bookmark-21.jpg 

Has anyone considered doing something like this in Logos given visual filtering?  For me, colour often helps bring the text alive a little more so wanted to try this out and thought someone might already be ahead of me on this!

I'd be interested in any attempt at colouring that might impact on Bible reading as it'd help me read it more carefully.

Thanks for any help! :)

Paul

Posts 4517
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2019 11:47 AM

I know there are Highlight palettes that people have created and shared. As for Visual Filters it would be possible, and there may be something that has already been shared. If you can’t ding that meets your needs, I’d love to see what you create on your own,if you are willing to share

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2019 3:45 PM

This includes a bit more than you are asking about but TIP of the day: Build your own chain reference Bible [well almost] Earnhardt as an example

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4517
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2019 5:29 PM

MJ. Smith:

Very impressive MJ.

Posts 17794
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2019 12:55 AM

Paul Chatfield:
Has anyone considered doing something like this in Logos given visual filtering?

Thread => more inductive symbols shows precept inserted graphics could be changed to colours. Caveat: some words fit more than one colour rule.

Another thread => TIP: singular or plural pronoun? (visual filter) includes a number of visual filters.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1737
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2019 6:55 AM

Paul Chatfield:
help me read it more carefully.

I find that the Louw-Nida Visual Filters and Highlighting palettes are good for the NT.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS