Notification Dialog issues 8.3-8.4

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1677
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 14 2019 2:30 AM

In the final beta of 8.3 I ended up with a massive notification dialog due to the addition of FLC resources, etc. I had 6 separate notifications at one point.

1. Downloading
  2. Preparing Library
  3. Indexing
  4. Updated to 8.3 
  5. 65 updated resources
  6. 6 updated datasets

During this time, I couldn't scroll to the bottom of the list since it would continue jumping around and forcing me back up. Even when not scrolling, the text would move very slightly at approximately 1 second intervals (I have a screencast of this behavior). I didn't report it right away because an SR had already shipped and I was trying to update to that to see if anything had changed (never managed to get the SR to download). 

The other issue I noticed is that the on-hover popup simply showed a blank line instead of the 6th line ("x updated datasets"). After dismissing 2 notifications, all 4 applicable lines showed in the popup.

NOW. Since 8.4 I haven't had occasion to get this many notifications, so I don't know whether anything has been resolved. However, there is now an extra space in the popup...

Edit: I also wanted to mention that I was sure that a link to the release notes used to appear next to the "updated to x" notification, but doesn't any longer.

Posts 2326
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 11:25 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

In the final beta of 8.3 I ended up with a massive notification dialog due to the addition of FLC resources, etc. I had 6 separate notifications at one point.

1. Downloading
  2. Preparing Library
  3. Indexing
  4. Updated to 8.3 
  5. 65 updated resources
  6. 6 updated datasets

During this time, I couldn't scroll to the bottom of the list since it would continue jumping around and forcing me back up. Even when not scrolling, the text would move very slightly at approximately 1 second intervals (I have a screencast of this behavior). I didn't report it right away because an SR had already shipped and I was trying to update to that to see if anything had changed (never managed to get the SR to download). 

The other issue I noticed is that the on-hover popup simply showed a blank line instead of the 6th line ("x updated datasets"). After dismissing 2 notifications, all 4 applicable lines showed in the popup.

NOW. Since 8.4 I haven't had occasion to get this many notifications, so I don't know whether anything has been resolved. However, there is now an extra space in the popup...

Edit: I also wanted to mention that I was sure that a link to the release notes used to appear next to the "updated to x" notification, but doesn't any longer.

Can you add your logs? Also as far as the Release Notes, if you had dismissed the Release Notes it won't show up again until there is another update to the application.

Posts 1677
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 11:13 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
Can you add your logs?

I don't know if these are "fresh" enough to find what you need, but here you go.

016217.Logos.log

Philana R. Crouch:
Also as far as the Release Notes, if you had dismissed the Release Notes it won't show up again until there is another update to the application

I had not dismissed... this is evident in the first screenshot since it that line won't show up in the popup if the update notification has been dismissed. There were again no release notes for 8.4 beta 1 with the notification.

Posts 2326
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 11:33 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

I had not dismissed... this is evident in the first screenshot since it that line won't show up in the popup if the update notification has been dismissed. There were again no release notes for 8.4 beta 1 with the notification.

Can you post a screenshot of what the notifications menu looks like? Not the hover pop-up, but the actual menu. Thanks.

Posts 2326
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 11:55 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

In the screenshot for 8.4 B1, it does not show the update notification saying you had updated to 8.4 Beta 1. Are you saying that notification did not show up? I know these are a lot of questions. So far the only thing I can reproduce is the extra line in the hover tip, but they still display all notifications.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS