Major Change To Logos March Match-Ups

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 9970
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 7:05 AM

Kolen Cheung:

That link is broken for me. But I think you meant to point people to something like https://www.logos.com/products/search?sort=savings&pageSize=60&unlocked=no&Delivery+Method=DOWNLOAD&Status=Live&Product+Type=Logos+March+Madness 

EDIT: which looks like it works for me today, but may not bring the correct results /EDIT

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 9:06 AM

NB.Mick:

Except that doesn't return this years' results, which was Kolen's point, I think.  :-(

Posts 9970
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 9:55 AM

Mark Barnes:
Except that doesn't return this years' results, which was Kolen's point, I think.  :-(

Sorry, I didn't check those in detail (the percentages in some products looked plausible) - my link has in the selector URL what Kolen suggested manually: clicking the product category from the facets on the left-hand-side. So maybe there is no filterable version of the 2019 MM deals.

An alternative is to simply filtering the library for what one is interested in and then sort by savings, since the rebates given for MM show up in the individual works and should come to the top by this - and otherwise, if there are larger rebates from another source, we like to take them (I contemplated buying CK Barrett's two-volume ICC commentaries with MM discount and found the dynamic pricing for the remainder of Methodist Library Builder was actually cheaper, which consisted of those two and two other books).   

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 881
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 2:18 PM

The sort by sale is better than nothing. But I tried that before and it seems that it’s not sorting correctly (sometimes sort by price is also not quite correct.) I plan to go through all of them after the March madness is settled, which is a few days from now. Hopefully they saw this and will fix this by the end of last round.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 3:31 PM

Kolen Cheung:
(sometimes sort by price is also not quite correct.)

It will sort by the sale price, not your dynamic price.

Posts 881
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 4:21 PM

May be their sort by sale is also excluding ”personalized“ discount like academics.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 12:28 AM

Kolen Cheung:

May be their sort by sale is also excluding ”personalized“ discount like academics.

Probably. I don’t have the academic discount to check.

Posts 147
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 8:38 AM

Hey sorry we will work on fixing the link. We can also add a go to next page at the bottom to help with navigability. We had to split it up into all the different pages because of the sheer amount of resources that are on these pages.

Posts 22
LogosEmployee

We've added pagination at the bottom of the March Matchups pages. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Posts 122
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 2:20 PM

Is it possible to get a discount on E. J. Young’s 3-volume commentary set on Isaiah? Currently the discount applies only to his individual volumes, which makes the set more expensive than the bundle. 

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 3:41 PM

Richard J. Ward:

Is it possible to get a discount on E. J. Young’s 3-volume commentary set on Isaiah? Currently the discount applies only to his individual volumes, which makes the set more expensive than the bundle. 

I second this. In looking over the Isaiah bundle it is the collection that is listed.

https://www.logos.com/product/3637/the-book-of-isaiah 

Posts 881
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 2:37 AM

Mark Barnes:

NB.Mick:

I quickly cook up a spreadsheet to sort out the March Madness deals:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m66ogqrn9pz5ump/logos-march-madness.csv?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61ihf7b94t2vy5b/logos-march-madness.xlsx?dl=0

I'll update these (with identical links) once the last round is finished. In most cases it is not as good as the web interface but since it isn't working yet it is better than nothing. The spreadsheet could be more powerful at slicing the data though. e.g. you can exclude all public domain titles, or checkout the total cost per series (you may be able to get a good deal on some series by this method.)

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 9:37 AM

Christina de Martínez (Faithlife):

We've added pagination at the bottom of the March Matchups pages. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Thank you Christina!  When you have a moment, it seems this item is missing from the Isaiah Individual volumes off.  The collection is listed in the Isaiah collection but under the individual items you list each volume separately.  Thx

Item: https://www.logos.com/product/3637/the-book-of-isaiah 

Collection: https://www.logos.com/product/171489/isaiah-study-collection 

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 2:50 PM

Richard J. Ward:

Someone from sales got back to me (I don't like to name names without permission) and I was told they won't sell the bundle at a discount.  This doesn't seem right to me as the bundle is what is listed in the Isaiah bundle.  Instead they will just discount each volume instead making them more expensive than the bundle... This saddens me among other things but oh well.

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 2:52 PM

Hmm

Posts 881
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 3:51 PM

Mattillo:
Someone from sales got back to me

Sometimes what one staff said is not definitive.

But on the other hand finding all bundles which is a subset to Logos Match Madness titles is kind of laborious and difficult to get right. And then the discount might not be reasonable given those bundles is already discounted.

Probably you can buy first and keep watching this thread to see if they would change that. If so you can contact CS to adjust your order.

Posts 3
Phillip Chong | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 8:58 PM

Just want to say thank you Faithlife! 

Kaleb Cuevas:

We have been listening to your feedback and are excited to announce that we made some changes. Individual volumes of the bundles are now available for sale at the same discount for the round that the collection was eliminated. We have updated the landing pages to show the new products and have organized it by book of the Bible, so hopefully it is easy for you to navigate and find what you are looking for.

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 9:41 PM

Kolen Cheung:
I'll update these (with identical links) once the last round is finished.

Very helpful.

When does the last round end, BTW?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 277
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 1:10 PM

Doc B:

Doc B, March Matchups ends at the end of this month.

Posts 881
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 1:15 PM

Doc B:

Kolen Cheung:
I'll update these (with identical links) once the last round is finished.

Very helpful.

last round ends today at noon.

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS