Updated Terms

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1
LogosEmployee
Beka Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 15 2019 10:56 AM

We’ve recently consolidated the Faithlife Terms of Service, Logos Bible Software End User License Agreement, and Subscription Auto Renewal Policy into a single document. The terms themselves contain no significant changes. We encourage you to review the new document here.

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 5:04 AM

In the past the EULA has info on transferring license but it seems this new EULA no longer contain that information. Is it missing?

Posts 272
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 5:01 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  We added a hyperlink to the "except as expressly permitted by Faithlife" text in section 3 that brings you to a FAQ page that explains how to handle these transfers.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 5:40 PM

Beka Johnson:

We’ve recently consolidated the Faithlife Terms of Service, Logos Bible Software End User License Agreement, and Subscription Auto Renewal Policy into a single document. The terms themselves contain no significant changes. We encourage you to review the new document here.

Could you kindly put the FL symbol below your name, as Glenn has done??  Thank you.

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 10:46 PM

Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife):

Thanks for the feedback.  We added a hyperlink to the "except as expressly permitted by Faithlife" text in section 3 that brings you to a FAQ page that explains how to handle these transfers.

Thanks. It seems that it only cover whole account transfer, but what about individual resource / bundle to transfer? i heard that it’s possible but quite laborious and complicated.

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 6:08 AM

Kolen Cheung:

Thanks. It seems that it only cover whole account transfer, but what about individual resource / bundle to transfer?

This was possible, with the payment of a $20 administrative fee. Are things different now?

Posts 10047
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 2:32 AM

Lee:

Kolen Cheung:

Thanks. It seems that it only cover whole account transfer, but what about individual resource / bundle to transfer?

This was possible, with the payment of a $20 administrative fee. Are things different now?

I don't think so. As I just wrote to Kolen in another thread:

Unless an undocumented change in handling this occurred, you are able to transfer any resource or bundle of resources - provided they are not bought with academic discount and provided they are not financially connected to other resources/bundles (i.e: bought with a dynamic pricing discount due to those other resources or being the reason a subsequent bundle could be bought with dynamic pricing discount).

I think the respective FAQ page that explains "At Faithlife's sole discretion you may transfer all perpetual licenses you own to Logos Bible Software Services and Content ...." (bolding by me) is somewhat ambiguous, but in the past is was treated not as "all licenses in a totality, in only one transfer" but as "all licences individually" but provided no inter-library connections tied resources together in a 'purchasing group' or whatever you may call it.  

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 9:48 AM

Thanks for explaining.

All the same, a broad question has been reasonably raised and it would be in FL's interest to clarify.

Posts 314
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 1:03 PM

NB.Mick:

Unless an undocumented change in handling this occurred, you are able to transfer any resource or bundle of resources - provided they are not bought with academic discount and provided they are not financially connected to other resources/bundles (i.e: bought with a dynamic pricing discount due to those other resources or being the reason a subsequent bundle could be bought with dynamic pricing discount).

NB.Mick, I could not have said this better myself!  

There are other guidelines to keep in mind as well. 

A product cannot be transferred if it has not been paid in full. 

If you own a Collection of books, we can transfer that Collection, but we cannot split out individual titles.

And there are a few other limitations as well, in certain unusual circumstances.

If anyone has questions about transferring all of part of their library, they should contact Customer Support.  You should not promise a transfer to someone else without first checking with Customer Support that the transfer can be approved.

The transfer fee is still $20 per transaction.

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 1:37 PM

Thanks for clarifying this important point.

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

If anyone has questions about transferring all of part of their library, they should contact Customer Support.  You should not promise a transfer to someone else without first checking with Customer Support that the transfer can be approved.

That's a solid tip! Smile

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 3:28 PM

Could you put it in https://faithlife.com/faq to make it clear and official? That’s the reason we’re discussing this in this thread. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS