Multiple accounts, same computer

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8
Kevin Perry | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 18 2019 7:38 AM

Hey everyone....can I access multiple Logos accounts on one computer without messing up the libraries? I have a very large library on my account...but I also  wanted to access a basic account on the same computer to teach some coworkers how to use it from a basic perspective.  Will that goof up my library in any way on this computer? Thanks!

Posts 21977
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 8:00 AM

Hi Kevin

Yes - this can be done.

On Windows, at least (I don't know about Mac), you can either do this by setting up separate Windows accounts and installing Logos separately into each of them or by using a single Windows account and setting up multiple Logos environments within it and then specifying the account when starting Logos. I have both setup for different reasons.

What platform are you running on? Which of the two options above sounds better for you.

Graham

Posts 334
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 8:08 AM

You can also have a Logos install and a Verbum install and run them side by side with different users logged in. They are both essentially the same.

Verbum | Logos

Posts 8
Kevin Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 12:50 PM

Sorry I forgot to mention I am on Mac.

Posts 21977
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 12:54 PM

Kevin Perry:

I still believe it’s possible but we need a Mac user to advise 

Posts 27768
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 1:27 PM

Graham Criddle:

Kevin Perry:

I still believe it’s possible but we need a Mac user to advise 

Sure, you just create (or use) a different "user account" under system preferences. Navigate to System Preferences | Users & Groups 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 221
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 2:17 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/122790/lt271-study-the-bible-with-logos-jonah-1  works quite well as a companion to a basic installation.

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 17987
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2019 10:06 AM

Kevin Perry:
Hey everyone....can I access multiple Logos accounts on one computer without messing up the libraries?

Yes, personally have two Mac computers with Logos 8 (my purchased library ~ 127 GB) and Verbum 8 (my demo library ~ 12 GB with order total of $ 0.00) running at the same time (using one Mac user).

Kevin Perry:
Will that goof up my library in any way on this computer?

Not that I know of (different Faithlife accounts are used in different applications at the same time, which has had no goofiness for me).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS