Philana, a bug report: Let me turn the dang things off ...

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26476
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 19 2019 6:49 PM

Okay, translate "dang" as $%^&$&$%^&^%### Angry"

Back in early testing of notes all my filters got turned on for everything ... which I kept thinking would eventually be righted. I am still fighting the effects when opening rarely used resources ... and applying the filters bring my machine to a halt for 2-3 minutes before I can even do anything about it. My choices:

1. Find a example of each possible filter -  notes, resources, community notes, highlights, reading plans, visual highlights etc .... i.e. several hundred and manually turn it off "in all resources" ... I've spent hours doing this on commonly used resources
  2. Go through all 49,052 resources and for each of the 8 types of filters, manually "unselect all"

Please give me a reasonable solution such as:

• Allow the "unselect all" option to be applied across all resources OR
  • Have a setting to clear all filters (and preferable collapse them)

But I will have spells of a violent distaste for Logos/Verbum until this is cleared completely out.

Oh, yeah, this has nothing to do with a particular beta ... it's in production as well ... this goes back many beta cycles.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 9:36 PM

I wondered why all those things were on. I thought I did something stupid to cause it.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 26476
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 10:16 PM

Doc B:
I thought I did something stupid to cause it.

As I wonder why no one else was complaining ... was it just me?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 786
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 7:38 AM

It's not just you, MJ.

I have been agitating for a new way to collapse lists, and to turn features off that slow Logos to less than a crawl.

Long ago I worked on a computer system that users complained about many easy-to-fix irritations. Programmers never got around to fixing them. Then there was a strike, and programmers had to replace users for ten days. All the irritations were magically fixed right afterward. Are Faithlife programmers also Bible nerds that use Logos? If they were serious Bible students, we might see priorities changed for fixing Logos.

Just my two cents,
Jack

Posts 3185
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 8:26 AM

As a non-note user i want to thank you for your post which keeps affirming my decision not to get involved in this ongoing catastrophe, once again thank you.

Posts 3185
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 8:27 AM

As a non-note user i want to thank you for your post which keeps affirming my decision not to get involved in this ongoing catastrophe, once again thank you.

Posts 1889
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 10:53 AM

MJ. Smith:
As I wonder why no one else was complaining ... was it just me?

Definitely not. It seems like every 3-4 point releases, when changes of a certain kind are made to notes, highlights, etc., FL decides to reset everything to "on". It happened with the most recent point release. It happens in mobile, too.

If the side effects of some kind of change are such that settings need to be reset, I'd much prefer they reset everything to "off" than "on".

-Donnie

Posts 3044
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 11:37 AM

Donnie Hale:
If the side effects of some kind of change are such that settings need to be reset, I'd much prefer they reset everything to "off" than "on".

Likewise, although I can understand why it's not that way.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS