How to edit multiple occurrences of same slide at once

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 116
John R. Weathersby | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 25 2019 8:09 AM

How to edit multiple occurrences of same slide at once.  I use multiple copies of our Sermon Slide and we just edit week to week.  Is there a way to select them or create a slide to be used in multiple places where all can be edited at once or the others change with the main slide?  This would same me time editing or duplicating it multiple times.

John Weathersby

Harrisburg, PA.

www.transcendchurch.org

Posts 329
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2019 10:08 AM

Hello John,

You should be able to multi-select slides and apply changes to all of them.  This will only work if all the slides are of the same slide type, such as Content, Bible, Announcement, etc.  If you are on a Windows, just hold down the control key while selecting the slides.  On a Mac, you'll use the command key.

Posts 300
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2019 1:11 PM

Even if the slides are the same type, there are limitations to what changes you can apply to all slides using multi-select. For example you can move the same text box if it appears on all slides, but you can't edit the text in the box. Also if you add a text box, it only appears on one slide, not all. Most of the time I limit my multi-select changes to things like backgrounds, etc.

Posts 116
John R. Weathersby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2019 6:05 AM

I was wanting to be able to change the text in the slide.  I use our title slide in multiple spots in the presentation.

John Weathersby

Harrisburg, PA.

www.transcendchurch.org

Posts 329
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2019 6:13 AM

Brendon is right, there are limitations for multi-editing slides, and  the actual text content is one of those limitations.  I'm not sure if it will save you time, but you could look and see if creating a Smart Media template saves you any time.

https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007374151-How-do-I-create-my-own-Smart-Media-templates-

With the Smart Media templates, there is an option to "Auto-fill with this text", so that whenever you add the template it brings your text as well.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS