Apologetic Study Bible question?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 26 2019 2:44 AM

I have "The Apologetics Study Bible" copyright 2007 Holman Bible Publisters; does say it is a commentary or Bible notes.

But Logos has the CSB Apologetics Study Bible collection in Pre-pub.

Are these not the same Bible's both the HCSB & CSB are the same. Some of the articles from the site are showing the same info.

So are they the same or different?

I have the CSB, HCSB, and The Apologetics Study Bible all from Logos but the price #39.99 if i wanted the pre-pub.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 10030
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2019 2:58 AM

Lee:

Are these not the same Bible's both the HCSB & CSB are the same. Some of the articles from the site are showing the same info.

I own the 2007 version, too. Technically, these are different resources, like a 2nd edition of another book. The underlying bibles are different (the CSB is not the same as the HCSB, I personally like it more) and thus the bible text quoted in the study notes will be different. I expect a 90+% overlap in content, though, thus I did not order the PrePub.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 13358
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2019 3:01 AM

Lee:

I checked the publisher's website, and they look similar, but not identical. 

B&H says "This revised and updated edition includes new articles and extensive apologetics study material from today’s leading apologists to reflect and provide deeper understanding of the relevant apologetics issues and questions being discussed today."

Posts 10030
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2019 3:51 AM

Mark Barnes:
B&H says "This revised and updated edition includes new articles

I counted some 18 new articles in the approx 160 (and two from Ergun Caner have been removed), dealing with e.g. islamic jihad, global warming, pacifism and economic justice. The notes seem to be slightly reworked in some places - I still think it's 90+% overlap.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2019 6:50 AM

thank you both for the fast answer

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS