Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 394
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 28 2019 6:31 AM

In the aftermath of the announcement that FLC subscribers would be getting 3 free FL classics each month, a FL employee (I'm sorry, but I don't remember which one) said that more classics would get released as free for FLC subscribers. However, we are almost ready for a new month and the number of "Free titles for Now members" has not changed.

Anyone from FL know whether the above commitment will be made a reality anytime soon?

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2019 6:56 AM

Jordan Litchfield:

In the aftermath of the announcement that FLC subscribers would be getting 3 free FL classics each month, a FL employee (I'm sorry, but I don't remember which one) said that more classics would get released as free for FLC subscribers. However, we are almost ready for a new month and the number of "Free titles for Now members" has not changed.

Anyone from FL know whether the above commitment will be made a reality anytime soon?

It has changed, by about 2,500 titles. You'll see this when you go through the link on the connect site, the facet you referred to may be outdated.

EDIT: See this post in another thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/179486/1042297.aspx#1042297 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 394
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2019 9:17 AM

Okay, thanks for pointing that out.

But how does one narrow the search results down? E.g., when I first open up the page to browse all "Faithlife Ebook Classics," the results number 5,706. When I select Commentaries from the sidebar the number increases to 5,781!

The reason I preferred the search mechanism on Logos.com is that you can actually narrow the search down instead of searching through thousands of results...

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2019 9:37 AM

Jordan Litchfield:
how does one narrow the search results down? E.g., when I first open up the page to browse all "Faithlife Ebook Classics," the results number 5,706. When I select Commentaries from the sidebar the number increases to 5,781!

It seems the search implementation does an OR within the facet groups (such as resource type here), not an AND - however, it does an AND, thus filtering down, if you use the other facet groups (such as author).

You may use the logos.com site as well, just use the right facet to filter for (note that the facet data is not 100% consistent between the store sites, and many resources may not have all the necessary data assigned, such as language, theological tradition etc.)  

EDIT: Logos.com won't allow you to really narrow down the results either, since it doesn't filter after multiple facets. In fact, I think the search implementation for faceted filtering on FL ebooks  is not bad, the issue here is that "Faithlife Ebook Classics" is wrongly allocated to the Resource Type facet group, while it should be in the Product Type facet group like other sales groupings, including the former "free titles for Now members" which is obsolete, or under Specials.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3007
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2019 10:29 AM

NB.Mick:
the former "free titles for Now members" which is obsolete, or under Specials.

It's not obsolete. That's the list used for Verbum Now, unless they've just changed it.

Posts 394
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 29 2019 4:19 AM

Okay, thanks. It's a bit wonky, but it will work.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS