Who will we know in heaven

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2936
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2019 4:00 PM

Just a truly friendly reminder:

Phil Gons:
Please abide by the following guidelines as you interact on our forums.

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.
  2. Please do not discuss or debate biblical, theological, or other controversial topics. Use one of the many web forums intended for these kinds of discussions.
  3. ...
  4. ...
  5. ...
  6. Please help others follow these guidelines. If the problems continue after you’ve given a gentle reminder of these expectations, please click “Report Abuse” under “More” or send an email to forums@logos.com.
Posts 3619
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2019 4:10 AM

If I may be allowed to do so, David, just adding this verse to clarify what I wrote earlier: Isaiah 7:11 (cf., Amos 9:2) and leave it at that. Lots of good articles in Logos to explore this topic, starting with a Bible search for Sheol.

Posts 515
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 3 2019 12:55 PM

James: interesting topic.

Like other poster has said, there may not be clear evidence of what will really happen in heaven from the Bible witness.  Revelation paints future worship that includes lots of ethnicities, but does not specify if they all hang out together by it (that would hint at recognition), or are they all mixed, hinting at more focus on worship to God above individual idiosyncrasies.

Not many traditions are willing to take in external evidence as definite proof of certain reality.

So although interesting, stories can be illuminating, but do not carry weight to be doctrine setting.

One remarkable case is that of Dr. Eben Alexander. If it is legit, then is mind blowing, as he met (while in a particular bacterial meningoencefalitis induced coma) a sister he did not know he had. She had died as part of his original family (he was adopted), and did not know about that incident until went through the experience. (I saw a video on this a while ago, and I am relying on faulty memory for the recollection, so is better if interested persons  check the story by themselves).

http://ebenalexander.com/about/my-experience-in-coma/

doctor experiences after life in coma due to meningitis

Most traditions understand that experience is many times subjective, and not to be trusted if out of alignment with the Bible. Strange thing is that many persons in the Bible had very strange (and supernatural) experiences, and wrote about it, and we take them at face value.

Faithlife e books has some books on the topic, and while not Scripture, they open up the possibility  [a rough conjecture] that there may be some form of recognition of significant others in Hades (some even claim in heaven) that we infer from the credibility of some of the cases presented.

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/search?query=after+life

I mention the above not to start polemics but just to touch on a different angle to further explore an interesting topic.

Posts 2324
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2019 5:08 AM

1Co 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS