Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 13 2019 12:12 PM

Recently I have noticed that when I click on the Logos Media on my dashboard, Logos goes to a workspace with my preferred Bible along with another pain that has my study Bible notes and a third pane for the media. The media has stopped populating in that pane for some reason. I'm not sure exactly when the change happened but it has been fairly recent. Typically I have been using the Logos Media as my desktop background wallpaper set to change daily. I tried on my Windows 10 laptop and had the same results. Has there been some kind of change or am I doing something wrong?

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

MacBook Air (2017) Mojave

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 24444
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2019 3:34 PM

Please explain. Is Logos Media a Saved layout of yours, that includes the Media tool? A screenshot would help.

Does "desktop background" wallpaper relate to Windows OS?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2019 6:06 PM

It is NOT a saved layout. When I click on the Logos media verse displayed on my L8 dashboard it automatically goes to a layout and I usually save the Logos Media verse to a folder on my laptop that serves as the pool for my desktop background (wallpaper). I do this on both Mt MacBook Air and my Dell Inspiron laptop. 

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2019 9:13 PM

I assume that you are referring to the default layout that opens when you click on the Verse of the Day on the Homepage (Explore)? Since I don't normally have the verse of the day requested on my home page, I don't know it the default layout is new. I can look through the change notes and see if it's mentioned. It doesn't appear to create a layout name in the top line.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 189
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2019 11:12 PM

Can confirm problem on my system, Win10 Bible Beta 8.4RC2.

As described, the media panel in the layout that launches when the Bible Verse of the Day card is clicked, does not populate.

Posts 189
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2019 11:20 PM

Bob as a work-around you can just drag a new media instance from 'Tools' over the top of the non-functioning one, and that new window will populate, albeit not with the current verse of the day.

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2019 11:34 PM

The media not populating may be related to the issue discussed at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/179578.aspx 

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 14 2019 3:53 AM

Thank you Kevin, I will give that a try.

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 14 2019 3:56 AM

Graham, I think you are absolutely correct. I was actually unaware of this and only decided to post due to the longevity of the problem. My thanks to all who responded.

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 2365
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:38 AM

Bob Deacon:

Recently I have noticed that when I click on the Logos Media on my dashboard, Logos goes to a workspace with my preferred Bible along with another pain that has my study Bible notes and a third pane for the media. The media has stopped populating in that pane for some reason. I'm not sure exactly when the change happened but it has been fairly recent. Typically I have been using the Logos Media as my desktop background wallpaper set to change daily. I tried on my Windows 10 laptop and had the same results. Has there been some kind of change or am I doing something wrong?

I've added a link to this thread in the case that was created for https://community.logos.com/forums/t/179578.aspx.

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 15 2019 2:04 PM

Thank you Philana.

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2019 3:34 PM

OK, problem solved (at least in my case), I had to check the media in "visual filters" and then check "verse of the day". Now I get the Logos Media daily verse.

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 3:45 AM

OK, for whatever this is worth, I MISSPOKE! While it did work yesterday it is NOT working today even though all visual filter boxes are checked so, there is STILL a problem! It centers around the display of "today's verse" in Logos Media. When clicking on the card on the dashboard of L8 the display changes to the workspace but the media box is blank.

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 7:58 AM

Just for laughs I checked my Windows 10 laptop and the same thing happens.

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS