Anyone with Holmes' Apostolic Fathers in Logos can confirm which edition it is?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 144
Josiah | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 19 2019 11:03 AM

It looks like there is still no 3rd edition in Logos, but if someone owns the old one can you confirm it hasn't been updated and it's just the product page that is old?

https://www.logos.com/product/3937/the-apostolic-fathers-greek-texts-and-english-translations

I started a uservoice for the 3rd edition, but I just wanted to check and make sure.

https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions/suggestions/37424512-the-apostolic-fathers-greek-texts-and-english-tra

Posts 975
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 12:24 PM

This is the copyright information for the current Logos edition:

The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations, updated edition
Edited and revised by Michael W. Holmes
Grand Rapids: Baker, 1999

Michael William Holmes, The Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations, Updated ed. (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 1999), ii.

Posts 144
Josiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 12:45 PM

Ok, thanks.  2nd edition then, same as the page.  I appreciate it.

Posts 1264
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 1:39 PM

It is the 2nd edition, but note the Greek text in the Logos version was created around the same time that Holmes was about to publish the 3rd edition. We provided some typo reports in the Greek to him, and he confirmed they were issues and also provided some additional typos and corrections. So the Greek text in the Logos edition of Holmes is fairly close to the 3rd edition Greek text.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 144
Josiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 2:28 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

It is the 2nd edition, but note the Greek text in the Logos version was created around the same time that Holmes was about to publish the 3rd edition. We provided some typo reports in the Greek to him, and he confirmed they were issues and also provided some additional typos and corrections. So the Greek text in the Logos edition of Holmes is fairly close to the 3rd edition Greek text.

Oh, that's good info to have too.  Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS