Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 83
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 19 2019 11:22 AM

Any chance of getting some Cistercian Publications works in Verbum?  We seem to have a good relationship with Liturgical Press (the distributor of Cistercian Pub.), given that we have some $4,000 worth of their products currently in Verbum.  There are many works that will be of interest to many (even non-Catholics) such as the numerous biblical commentaries and homilies by monastic writers in the middle ages.

I also want to thank all involved for really putting in the effort to get more Catholic resources into Verbum; there has been a dramatic increase in content in recent months!

Posts 26029
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2019 12:22 PM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 143
LogosEmployee

Br. Anthony,

A very good chance, in fact.  We have started licensing Cistercian Publications titles from LitPress.  We'll be posting a Bernard of Clairvaux collection in the coming weeks.  We will be licensing more Cistercian Publications titles in the coming months.

They have some of the best offerings in Patristic and Early Monastic literature in Catholic publishing.  Nothing is set in stone right now, but that's likely where the next round of licensing will focus.

Stay tuned....

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 18636
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 12:21 AM

Craig St. Clair (Faithlife):

A very good chance, in fact.  We have started licensing Cistercian Publications titles from LitPress.  We'll be posting a Bernard of Clairvaux collection in the coming weeks.  We will be licensing more Cistercian Publications titles in the coming months.

They have some of the best offerings in Patristic and Early Monastic literature in Catholic publishing.  Nothing is set in stone right now, but that's likely where the next round of licensing will focus.

Yes

That is awesome news. At the risk of jumping the gun, here are some of the books from Cistercian Publications that I have in print and would love to see in Logos:

Posts 83
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 7:37 AM

This is great news!  (particularly since I am a monk and all...)

Posts 5244
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 11:58 AM

Drinking From The Hidden Fountain: A Patristic Breviary. Ancient Wisdom for Today's World (Cistercian Studies) 

Drinking From The Hidden Fountain

Is another one not mentioned yet I would most love to have it in my digital library.. This day book is a wonderful little delve into the fathers.  

-dan

Posts 26029
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 4:59 PM

May I put a word in for everything by Sister Benedicta Ward?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 83
Br. Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 6:13 PM

Just do them all! Party!!!

Though I would probably start with those having directly to do with scripture (commentaries and sermons).

Posts 5244
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 8:15 PM

MJ. Smith:

YES YES, PLEASE.

-dan

Posts 18636
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 9:43 PM

MJ. Smith:

Seconded. Yes

Posts 143
LogosEmployee

MJ et al., -- Yes, Sr. Benedicta Ward is a good one.  Her work figured heavily into my Monastic Studies coursework at St. John's.  Her translation of the Sayings, Alphabetical Collection is one I return to often.

Br. Anthony -- I'd like to see Verbum do a lot of the Cistercian Publications titles--and as I said, there will be more coming.

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 117
LogosEmployee

Bernard of Clairvaux's commentaries on the Song of Songs are amazing.

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2019 5:10 PM

Let me add a request for anything and everything by Andre Louf, OCSO!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS