One More Bug: not holding default font size

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 36
chrisclark | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 23 2019 8:43 AM

Okay, this latest update did a lot of great stuff that improved Notes greatly...way to go!

Still have an issue with font size...

I have set my default font size for 12.

So my very first note keeps that size...but the very next note goes back to 11. 

Any other text I copy and paste from another document into a note that I make automatically defaults to 11; so I have to go back and resize everything back to 12.

So is it me? (I'm running MacOS 10.14.4). Is anyone else having this issue?

Posts 330
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2019 11:49 AM

Chris, I can't reproduce this issue. Is it still happening for you? 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 36
chrisclark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2019 6:38 AM

Happens every time I open Logos...the first note keeps a 12 point, which I set as the default. The very next note then offers 11 point...and every other one thereafter.

Posts 10428
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2019 6:26 AM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Chris, I can't reproduce this issue. Is it still happening for you? 

It is happening for me. I set default to 10pt, but the Notes tool insists on setting the font at 11pt. Mac OS 10.14.4 Logos 8.5 Beta 1

Posts 330
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 7:45 AM

chrisclark:

Happens every time I open Logos...the first note keeps a 12 point, which I set as the default. The very next note then offers 11 point...and every other one thereafter.

Jack, is the same behavior you are seeing? The first note respects your default size, but not subsequent?

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 10428
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 1:27 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

chrisclark:

Jack, is the same behavior you are seeing? The first note respects your default size, but not subsequent?

Yes. I reset default note size to 10pt. Manually created a couple of notes, which both stayed at 10pt. Copied some text, selected a verse, created a note by reference—font now showed as 11pt.

Posts 2392
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 1:36 PM

chrisclark:

Okay, this latest update did a lot of great stuff that improved Notes greatly...way to go!

Any other text I copy and paste from another document into a note that I make automatically defaults to 11; so I have to go back and resize everything back to 12.

Chris,

Where are you setting your font size default? Are you setting it in Program Settings or trying to just change it within the Notes Tool?

Posts 36
chrisclark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 5:33 PM

Settings

Posts 10428
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 3 2019 8:36 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Chris,

Where are you setting your font size default? Are you setting it in Program Settings or trying to just change it within the Notes Tool?

I'm not Chris, but I have the same bug. Setting the default note size from the Preferences Panel = Program Settings.

Posts 2392
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 3 2019 10:11 AM

chrisclark:

Settings

Chris,

Could you provide a screencast (video recording) of what you are doing? I'm not able to reproduce this bug, so I want to make sure I'm using the same steps you are using to reproduce them.

Posts 36
chrisclark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 3 2019 5:40 PM

I've been trying to upload the video file, but I keep getting a 404

Have another option for me to get it to you?

Posts 36
chrisclark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2019 11:49 AM

I can probably email the video file to you...

But for some reason, I'm getting a 404 message when I try to attach it to a reply here on this thread

Posts 2392
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2019 11:53 AM

Hi Chris,

I've messaged you on Faithlife with the email you can send the video too. I really appreciate it you sharing the video.

Posts 2392
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 10 2019 10:56 AM

chrisclark:

Hi Chris,

Thanks to the information you provided I was able to reproduce this bug. I've filed a bug report.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS