Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 359
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 9:56 AM

Jack Caviness:

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

This is by design. 

• Pasted text retains source formatting by default, including font face and size.

Sorry Adam. That is not true. I selected a block of 10pt text from a MS Word document. When pasted into a note, it became 11 pt.

Sorry, I should have been clearer; I was stating how it's supposed to work. If it's not working as designed, that's a bug. (Caveat: We've done work to make sure this works with, Word, Google Docs, and web pages, but it might not work with other sources. Copying and pasting formatted text turns out to be surprisingly complex, and has to be handled for each copy-source separately.) 

Having said that, I still can repro as you describe, using Word for Mac version 16.26 on MacOS 10.14.5. (I'm also running an internal build of Logos 8.7.0.0147, but I don't think that would make a difference in this case.) We'll keep investigating, but any other information you can provide would be helpful.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 10554
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 12:42 PM

On my iPad, so I cannot quote a portion of your post. Happy to hear you will continue investigating. Can’t think of anything else, but if I do, I will let you know.

Posts 64
Robert J. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 8:01 PM

This is a little annoying.

For me I don't have to wait to reopen L8 [8.5.0.0026] Windows 10 ver1903. My font changes within the same note as I am working on it. When I am finished for that day, the note is riddled with a mix of 11/12 point font even though my default is 12.

It just won't hold to the default setting and I don't even want to talk about starting a note in mobile then continuing on the desktop. I have to change the fond each and every time I work on a note.

That being said, love the software and I am sure the bugs will be worked out soon enough.

Below is a typical note. this is a portion of something I just wrote in the last hr on my win10 desktop. L8 was never closed, I only switched between notes and other resources. Notes was never closed.

Red is 11 points, Green is 12 points

Posts 1
Joel Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 9:23 AM

this is my first post thinking that this is the place to put information that would help the guys when they are working on bugs?  i have a similar but not same issue as chris's where i have my existing note, default font size 11, and when i cut and paste from Bible text into the note it gets pasted as 12 point rather than in my default font size.  this was not happening a number of weeks ago, then started happening, and now continues to happen post update.  hope this helps thank you! 

Posts 10554
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 11:01 AM

Joel Moore:
when i cut and paste from Bible text into the note it gets pasted as 12 point rather than in my default font size.  

Adam explained the reason for this in this post 1055455.aspx on page 1 of this thread.

Adam Borries:

This is by design. 

• Pasted text retains source formatting by default, including font face and size.
  • Pasted plain text should respect your destination formatting.
Posts 2641
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 12:01 PM

Robert J.:

This is a little annoying.

For me I don't have to wait to reopen L8 [8.5.0.0026] Windows 10 ver1903. My font changes within the same note as I am working on it. When I am finished for that day, the note is riddled with a mix of 11/12 point font even though my default is 12.

It just won't hold to the default setting and I don't even want to talk about starting a note in mobile then continuing on the desktop. I have to change the fond each and every time I work on a note.

That being said, love the software and I am sure the bugs will be worked out soon enough.

Below is a typical note. this is a portion of something I just wrote in the last hr on my win10 desktop. L8 was never closed, I only switched between notes and other resources. Notes was never closed.

Red is 11 points, Green is 12 points

Robert,

If you are copying and pasting text from a source that is using a different font size it will be carried over into the note when it is pasted.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS