Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 227
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 24 2019 12:46 PM

As requested by Steve

I have created handouts with Publisher, Word and PowerPoint. Ease of use and quality of result is probably in that order. 

When it first appeared I though that handouts would be more useful than it appeared. The obvious benefit was integration but I think this was quickly outweighed by the limitations around editing. 

I think we are better served by Faithlife enhancing the functions that enable content to be sent to more powerful external tools. 

It might also be good if there was a way to manage external documents I don't think that this would need to be over sophisticated probably as simple as storing the files in a fixed common directory.

Posts 2481
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2019 1:08 PM

You can create Handouts within Sermon Editor, although it does have some limitations.

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2019 1:12 PM

I agree that Microsoft products (and probably others from other companies) do the job of producing handouts better than Logos ever did or could. I tried out the feature a bit when it was first released to give feedback and bug reports, but honestly I never saw much of a future in it.

Graham Owen:
It might also be good if there was a way to manage external documents I don't think that this would need to be over sophisticated probably as simple as storing the files in a fixed common directory.

There is already a way to do this using Favorites. Create subfolders under Favorites to organize your external documents, and drag-drop from the OS folder showing a document to get a shortcut to that doc into Logos. When you click on the shortcut, it opens that document in the app you need for viewing/editing it.

You can right-click on the shortcut name to rename it if you desire; for example, you might want to use some symbol or code as a prefix on the name of the shortcut to remind yourself that it's an external document not something inside Logos, e.g. EXT or an arrow.

Posts 227
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2019 1:21 PM

Rosie Perera:

Graham Owen:

There is already a way to do this using Favorites. Create subfolders under Favorites to organize your external documents, and drag-drop from the OS folder showing a document to get a shortcut to that doc into Logos. When you click on the shortcut, it opens that document in the app you need for viewing/editing it.

Wow thanks Rosie

Missed that we could do this.

Posts 1638
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2019 1:32 PM

Graham Owen:
As requested by Steve

Graham, thank you very much!

Also thanks to Rosie for Favorites "shout-out" !

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS