Ludwig Ott's Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma is Back!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 165
LogosEmployee

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but  this was inadvertently turned to live as a part of another Logos project.

Verbum still doesn't have the rights to produce this, but we are going to revisit the rights situation with both the German publisher (Herder) and a newer U.S. publisher (Baronius) to see if we can get this licensed.

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2019 5:38 PM

Craig St. Clair (Faithlife):
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this was inadvertently turned to live as a part of another Logos project.

Rats.

Verbum still doesn't have the rights to produce this, but we are going to revisit the rights situation with both the German publisher (Herder) and a newer U.S. publisher (Baronius) to see if we can get this licensed.

Thank you.

Posts 165
LogosEmployee

Upon further review and discussion on the product team, this text can be made available for sale.

Whenever there is a doubt about the rights of a given title, we will always pull it from Verbum.com until we can get clarity.  I'm just happy to report that we got clarity on this title MUCH more quickly than we usually do.

I too will be downloading this title today....

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2019 11:05 AM

Upon further review and discussion on the product team, this text can be made available for sale.

Yay!

Whenever there is a doubt about the rights of a given title, we will always pull it from Verbum.com until we can get clarity.  I'm just happy to report that we got clarity on this title MUCH more quickly than we usually do.

Very sensible--with excellent results in this case.

Posts 196
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2019 9:09 PM

Big Smile

Yes! Thank you! I have wanted this in Verbum for years!  

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 7:41 AM

Why is Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma gone again?

Posts 165
LogosEmployee

We learned more recently--and definitively--that the book has a new copyright holder.  We are attempting to work with them to license the book. 

In the meantime, we had to take the book down (again).

I'll update this thread with any progress on getting the book back into Verbum.

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 6:27 AM

Rats. I was going to use my new-Logos-website promo code on this (and maybe other stuff too). Oh well. I hope you get it licensed soon!

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2019 4:05 PM

Is there any chance of it coming back before the 30% off code goes away?

Posts 165
LogosEmployee

Unfortunately, I have no timeline right now as to when the book may be back in the software.

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 12:21 PM

Oh well. I know you do your best and can only do what you can do.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS