BUG - Hiding Items

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 232
AndyTheGreek | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 8 2010 4:48 AM

If I want to hide items it seems I have to drag them one at a time from the Library List to the Hidden Items panel. However, the Library list allows me to select more than one item, so it ought to allow me to drag all the selected items to the hide items panel.

I think it should also ask the usual 'Are you sure?' question, at least in the event of hiding multiple resources.

Note: I don't think this is a big issue at all - just an inconsistency. If there is a way to hide multiple resources in one hit, please let me know, otherwise feel free to ignore this thread...Smile

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 4:56 AM

Andy,

I don't know if that's classified as a bug BUT....dragging mutiples is definitely needed!

C'mon Logos....if you've ever done the one-by-one-hide-a-resource, you know how painful that is.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 232
AndyTheGreek | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 5:21 AM

Robert Pavich:
I don't know if that's classified as a bug

I wasn't sure what to call it myself - it certainly bugs me Smile

Posts 26379
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 5:37 AM

Robert Pavich:
C'mon Logos....if you've ever done the one-by-one-hide-a-resource, you know how painful that is.

It's working as designed  - - to discourage youSmile

I might hide the 70 "Earliest NT" manuscripts when multiple selection is implemented!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 2:37 PM

This is being considered for a future release.

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 2:59 PM

Melissa Snyder:

Please.  I have 615 items hidden.  One at a time.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 3:16 PM

I have Scholars Gold, and have 1253 items hidden one by one....

hey...how come I get nothing on any search query for Entire Library! Surprise

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 3:19 PM

Todd Phillips:

Melissa Snyder:

Please.  I have 615 items hidden.  One at a time.

How do you know how many items you have hidden? The Hidden Resources list doesn't show a total like the Library does. Did you actually count them?!

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 3:19 PM

Robert Pavich:

I have Scholars Gold, and have 1253 items hidden one by one....

hey...how come I get nothing on any search query for Entire Library! Surprise

Are you mocking me? Stick out tongue

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 3:22 PM

Rosie Perera:
How do you know how many items you have hidden? The Hidden Resources list doesn't show a total like the Library does. Did you actually count them?!

I ran an "Update Resources" command in Logos4, then counted the lines of this format that were entered in the Logos4.log:

"2010-06-08 16:51:20.5953    21  Info    UpdateManager   Hidden resource LLS:CALTGJ reported from file service"

I used a text editor to select all the lines that had the word "Hidden", and then I got a line count from that.

Posts 26379
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 7:29 PM

Some people have more resources hidden than I have in Library!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 232
AndyTheGreek | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 11:35 PM

Melissa Snyder:

Thanks. Judging from a couple of other posts, it seems others need this more than meSmile In addition, the 'un-hide' functionality should follow suit - multiple unhides...

Thanks,

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2010 11:57 PM

I have Portfolio, and after hiding a number of resources one by one, I soon came to the realization that it was unfortunately going to be a colossal waste of time. I would love to hide some of the collections and resources by selecting multiple volumes, or even entire series.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS