Any final thoughts on Moo’s 2nd Edition of Romans

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 2 2019 2:39 PM

I can actually get it for $29 with a coupon I have or wait til is out more hoping it’ll be cheaper in the future and buy something else for $19.

According to many reviews aside from the expanded bibliography and some excursus on the NPP it hasn’t changed much.

I don’t like incomplete sets, buy hey NICOT is incomplete so far also.

DAL

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 3:55 PM

DAL:

I can actually get it for $29 with a coupon I have or wait til is out more hoping it’ll be cheaper in the future and buy something else for $19.

According to many reviews aside from the expanded bibliography and some excursus on the NPP it hasn’t changed much.

I don’t like incomplete sets, buy hey NICOT is incomplete so far also.

DAL

Dal, I'm of the same mind as you and for the same reason, so while I would like to keep my NIC set up-to-date, I decided to pass on this second edition for now.

But, I'm just a layperson using Logos for personal study.  I suppose someone in academia or full-time ministry might have a very different take.  For that matter, other laypeople might well have their own reasons for seeing it as a worthwhile purchase now as well.  But I feel better served by using my money elsewhere at the moment.  

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 4:12 PM

Thanks! I’m in part time ministry, so I think I’ll spend my money on the other more useful resource 👍😁👌

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS