Is there a difference between these two resources?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2302
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 4 2019 1:27 PM

Is there a difference between these two resources?  Are they tagged differently because it is Logos resource and the other from Faithife Ebooks?

https://www.logos.com/product/155981/the-devils-redemption

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/155101/the-devils-redemption-2-volumes

Thanks.

Posts 13226
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2019 2:03 PM

Ronald Quick:
Is there a difference between these two resources?  Are they tagged differently because it is Logos resource and the other from Faithife Ebooks?

From what I can tell, yes. They're certainly two separate resources with two difference resource IDs.

Faithlife don't normally offer an eBook version of a Logos edition, but they can easily be overlooked. As the eBook version is half the price, you could take the risk of buying that version, then letting Faithlife know about the duplicate. They should then remove the eBook version and give you the Logos edition. There's a small risk that if there's a difference between the two publications, however, then you'll be stuck with the eBook version.

Posts 853
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2019 2:13 PM

Mark Barnes:

Ronald Quick:

From what I can tell, yes. They're certainly two separate resources with two difference resource IDs.

Faithlife don't normally offer an eBook version of a Logos edition, but they can easily be overlooked. As the eBook version is half the price, you could take the risk of buying that version, then letting Faithlife know about the duplicate. They should then remove the eBook version and give you the Logos edition. There's a small risk that if there's a difference between the two publications, however, then you'll be stuck with the eBook version.

You still have the 30 day money back guarantee if the cheaper version doesn't meet your expectations.

Posts 1407
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2019 3:02 PM

Here is what might happen if you get from eblooks. Faithlife will pull out from Faithlife  ebooks store, and convert your to Logos resource license. It does look like it was overlooked 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 2302
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2019 6:09 PM

Thanks for all the replies.  I went ahead and purchased it from ebooks since it is on sale and the regular price is the same as Logos. 

I know the author and remember him talking to me about this book as he was writing it, so I am looking forward to reading it.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS