Horton vs Bird

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3068
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2019 2:43 PM

Totally agree!! His eschatology is different than mine, but what a tremendous volume he put out. Very highly recommened!

Here's an interview that Desiring God had with Dr. Culver prior to his death at 98. Great read.

The Old Man and His Big Book

Randall Cue:

Robert Culver's systematic theology is one to look into. It is scholarly and thorough.

mm.

Posts 565
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2019 7:00 AM

I know I'm a little biased as Dr. Culver's son was my brother-in-law. I have an original edition signed by "Pop" Culver. A treasured possession. 

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 3068
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2019 9:50 AM

Cool story. Did you have a chance to talk with him a bit?

mm.

Posts 565
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2019 2:29 PM

I talked to him many times. His working vocabulary was amazing.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 122
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2019 2:09 PM

Randall Cue:

Robert Culver's systematic theology is one to look into. It is scholarly and thorough.

I don’t hear too many people talking about Culver’s systematic theology, other than Packer, Mohler, Kaiser, and Wiersbe Smile What a gem!

Posts 247
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2019 2:22 PM

Oh, it’s Horton’s Systematic Theology book for me every day of the week and twice on Sunday.   Only the correct link is this one:  https://www.logos.com/product/164310/systematic-theology-revised-edition

Posts 6401
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2019 5:21 PM

Gary Osborne:

Oh, it’s Horton’s Systematic Theology book for me every day of the week and twice on Sunday.   Only the correct link is this one:  https://www.logos.com/product/164310/systematic-theology-revised-edition

Michael Horton, not Stanley Horton 😉 Besides, the one you gave a link to is not included in the sale.

DAL

Posts 84
Rick Carmickle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2019 7:30 PM

Dr. Culver‘s Systematic Theology is wonderful. It should have been published in three volumes. The print edition has very small font. But at $24 on Logos now, it is an extraordinary value. The 1200 pages is more like 2000 pages in most published books. 

Posts 247
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2019 9:08 PM

DAL:

Gary Osborne:

Michael Horton, not Stanley Horton 😉 Besides, the one you gave a link to is not included in the sale.

DAL

I know.  But I do mean every word about highly respecting Stanley Horton’s theology books.  His is my go to Sysematic Theology book.  🙂

Posts 6401
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 31 2019 11:20 AM

Gary Osborne:

DAL:

Gary Osborne:

DAL

I know.  But I do mean every word about highly respecting Stanley Horton’s theology books.  His is my go to Sysematic Theology book.  🙂

I own Stanley’s books but in WORDsearch because they sold them to me dirt cheap.  My premium books are in Logos, but other miscellaneous are in WS and Accordance.  I wonder if Michael and Stanley are related since they both have the last name Horton.

DAL

Posts 247
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 31 2019 5:07 PM

DAL:

I own Stanley’s books but in WORDsearch because they sold them to me dirt cheap.  My premium books are in Logos, but other miscellaneous are in WS and Accordance.  I wonder if Michael and Stanley are related since they both have the last name Horton.

DAL

If they were picnics must have been interesting.  Stanley Horton died about 5 years ago.  But a Reformed and Pentecostal theologian together in one family?  As I said, get togethers would have been amazing.  LOL

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS