SUGGESTION: Jewish Concepts of Scripture

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4764
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 27 2019 12:30 PM

This seems like a fairly comprehensive overview of a critical topic. Sommer also wrote The Bodies of God, which I requested for Logos a couple or more years back. FL should probably offer a Sommer Collection. One of his titles is potentially available in this AYBR upgrade .

Posts 1367
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2019 12:46 PM

Agreed. More Benjamin Sommer please!

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 76
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2019 1:19 PM

Yes

Posts 18672
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2019 1:59 PM

Looks good. It's by NYU Press. Faithlife doesn't have any of their books yet, but they have worked with Yale University Press before for the Anchor Yale stuff, and Baylor University Press, so they ought to be able to explore further university presses. Some of them have some really good books in religion/theology. For example Indiana University Press has The Poetics of Biblical Narrative by Meir Sternberg, which I've been wanting.

Posts 4764
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2019 2:19 PM

Rosie Perera:
For example Indiana University Press has The Poetics of Biblical Narrative by Meir Sternberg, which I've been wanting.

Also by IUP and including an essay by Sternberg along with most of the other usual suspects in the narrative field. Had to buy it in hard copy format...doubt FL will ever carry it.

Many titles from the Indiana Studies in Biblical Literature series are on my wish list or are already on my shelves.

Posts 4764
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2019 11:52 AM

Rosie Perera:
For example Indiana University Press has The Poetics of Biblical Narrative by Meir Sternberg, which I've been wanting.

My hard copy arrived today...couldn't wait. Still want Jewish Concepts of Scripture and The Bodies of God, FaithLife.

STEP UP!!!

Posts 3084
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2019 8:28 PM

Yes

mm.

mm.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS