Glaring typo in pre-pub announcement

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:55 AM

So who are the tenants (renters, occupants) residing in dispensationalism? I think you meant tenets (opinions, beliefs, or principles).

This is such a commonly mistaken word and I'm on a campaign to re-educate the English-speaking world about it.

Fortunately, the author of that book knows how to spell it:

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 11:35 AM

Rosie,

Thank you for letting us know and this has already been fixed.

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 11:50 AM

Thanks for the quick turnaround, Deborah!

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 12:00 PM

There was I time in my life when I was a tenant of the tenets of dispensationalism. But then I saw the lite. Wink

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 12:21 PM

Paul Golder:
But then I saw the lite.

You saw the lite?  Beer

OR

You saw the light?  Idea

I do plan on ordering this Pre-Pub. But I would also love to see Clarance B. Larkin's self-titled book "THE GREATEST BOOK ON DISPENSATIONAL TRUTH IN THE WORLD" in my Logos library. The charts are interesting.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:03 PM

Rosie, thank you for catching this typo! I am with you, we should not lay down any longer and except this confusion being spread in the use of the English language! I have to confess I see these types of abuses alot. I try to convince myself its just an allusion and the problem does not exist, but awareness of the problem with posts like yours probably proceeds progress in fixing the problem.  I would rather confess the problem and work to fix it then ignore it and see others writing incorrectly!

The people you help will be thankful for your aid in improving there skills. Threw your efforts it will get better, which should make you happy. Maybe one day, this whole incident will become a thing of the passed!

I could say more because I have so much passiosn for this issue. But I have said enough all ready. Our progress will be a breathe of fresh air, thanks again for all you do.

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:07 PM

Dominick Sela:

Rosie, thank you for catching this typo! I am with you, we should not lay down any longer and except this confusion being spread in the use of the English language! I have to confess I see these types of abuses alot. I try to convince myself its just an allusion and the problem does not exist, but awareness of the problem with posts like yours probably proceeds progress in fixing the problem.  I would rather confess the problem and work to fix it then ignore it and see others writing incorrectly!

The people you help will be thankful for your aid in improving there skills. Threw your efforts it will get better, which should make you happy. Maybe one day, this whole incident will become a thing of the passed!

I could say more because I have so much passiosn for this issue. But I have said enough all ready. Our progress will be a breathe of fresh air, thanks again for all you do.

I could easily write an entire dissertation on linguistic neutralization and orthography based only on this post! This is a real treat, Dominick!

Posts 1534
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:14 PM

lol u sed it Big Smile

(Teen/chat/text speak is a completely different issue)

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:22 PM

Dominick Sela:

I'm sew glad your on my sighed!

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:16 PM

Yous guys is funny...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2010 8:23 AM

Paul Golder:

Yous guys is funny...

Indeed!  I've read Dominick's post about 5 times.  Plan to savour it again in the future sometime.  The Logos Forums are "heavy" to keep up with because of the volume.  Some posts are irritating.  Others depressing when posters share such bad attitudes with this Logos Community.

Dominick, such posts as yours - with all the subtle humour involved - are a real treasure.  Thank you!  Peace to you always!  *smile*L

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3741
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2010 8:27 AM

And I thought Geek was hard Smile ...

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2010 12:46 PM

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Posts 31354
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2010 12:56 PM

Edwin Bowden:

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Great fun - you'd do my mother proud.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2010 1:00 PM

I likes me some good old fashioned homophones and gineralized tipos.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2010 5:09 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Indeed!  I've read Dominick's post about 5 times.  Plan to savour it again in the future sometime.  The Logos Forums are "heavy" to keep up with because of the volume.  Some posts are irritating.  Others depressing when posters share such bad attitudes with this Logos Community.

Dominick, such posts as yours - with all the subtle humour involved - are a real treasure.  Thank you!  Peace to you always!  *smile*L

Thank you , I am glad it gave you a chuckle!  But all I can say is glory to God, the gifts all came from him (and yes I was prepared to say that if no one liked the attempt at humor Big Smile)

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS