Catalina (Mac OS 10.15) as of June 4, 2019

Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 56 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 142
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 4 2019 5:42 AM

DON'T UPGRADE TO CATALINA AT THIS POINT

Hello Mac users - I know that you're all curious about Logos and Catalina.

I'm signed up as an Apple Developer, so I was able to download and install Catalina last night on a separate partition, and then downloaded Logos 8.

At this point the Logos installer will download the library, but crashes when Logos itself attempts to open. 

As updates to Catalina are released, I'll test them and let you know what happens.

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2019 6:28 AM

Thanks for doing this Greg!

Posts 10554
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2019 1:23 PM

Pastor Greg:
At this point the Logos installer will download the library, but crashes when Logos itself attempts to open. 

Sometimes being on the cutting edge means that you may require a blood transfusion Stick out tongue

Posts 603
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2019 1:40 PM

Or, as a parishioner once expressed it to me, "You want to be on the leading edge, but not the bleeding edge."Smile

Posts 21
Tim Nargi | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2019 4:26 PM

Pastor Greg:

DON'T UPGRADE TO CATALINA AT THIS POINT

Hello Mac users - I know that you're all curious about Logos and Catalina.

I'm signed up as an Apple Developer, so I was able to download and install Catalina last night on a separate partition, and then downloaded Logos 8.

As updates to Catalina are released, I'll test them and let you know what happens.

same happens to me

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2019 1:55 PM

So funny - I don't know what it is in LOGOS but every beta I can have 95% of my apps work, but LOGOS won't. I wonder what it is about Logos.

Posts 2255
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2019 3:05 PM

FL Mac developers will probably post something in the Desktop Beta forum when this becomes viable. They are probably just getting it installed now.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2641
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2019 11:56 AM

We do not suport beta versions of Operating Systems. Logos will support macOS 10.15.0 when it ships to customers in the Fall as a stable version.

Posts 34
josh monda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 11 2019 7:37 AM

I am running the beta of Catalina as well as ios13.  As a work around you can use the web app of logos which is what I am currently doing.  A side note proclaim will not work either and some functional of logos on ios13 is not working.  However here is something that is really cool.  Because the iPadOs now loads webpages as desktop pages and looks like a desktop you can now go to the web app using your iPad and actually edit your sermon on your iPad using the sermon editor.  What would be even cooler is if logos uses this opportunity of the new iPadOs to allow users to use the app to actually build their sermons.  

Posts 18
Al Jennings | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2019 4:48 PM

my experience also

Posts 21
Tim Nargi | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2019 5:14 PM

Still not working in Beta 2

Posts 205
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 1:56 PM

Tim Nargi:

Still not working in Beta 2

Logos Bible Software 8.6 Beta 3 (8.6.0.0027) has "magically" opened today for me in MacOS 10.15 Beta 2 (10.15 Beta (19A487l)). I am cautiously but eagerly "using" Logos as it downloads 3 GB of updates.

Posts 21
Tim Nargi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 2:19 PM

Disregarding Catalina, how stable are the Logos betas? Have you ever had any major issues?

Posts 205
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 2:44 PM

"Ever had" is a tall order. Yes. But not in a long time. Some minor stuff that is irritating like stuff closing unexpectedly. I usually run maintenance scripts and it clears it up. I have not had any work stopping issues in a good long while. If I do I go to another machine. I would not have toyed with the betas back when working on my M.Div. I did not have time to be irritated or figure things out. I do not use L8 as heavily in language studies as I did then. I have a better working knowledge of the texts now and I am not writing papers on linguistic minutia... Yes, I know that is important... it is not part of my daily workflow. Out of curiosity, did Logos work for you in Catalina yet?

Posts 21
Tim Nargi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 2:46 PM

I have not installed the new Logos Beta yet. 

Posts 4603
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2019 3:27 PM

I have been running Logos on the Beta channel for about ten years now. It is advisable to have one computer running Beta and one running stable. However I like to live on the edge and tend to run beta's on both my desktop and laptop.

For the most part, with the exception of the expected bugs, the beta builds are pretty stable. When a major problem that makes Logos unusable slips through, a fix is usually released quickly. 

I never run a beta OS 

Posts 10554
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 11:54 AM

Fred Chapman:
However I like to live on the edge and tend to run beta's on both my desktop and laptop.

I have one desktop—no laptop—and run Logos beta constantly. The few times this has bitten me, Time Machine came to the rescue, and once I had to delete everything and reinstall—but then, I am old and senile Stick out tongue 

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 12:04 PM

Jack Caviness:

I have one desktop—no laptop—and run Logos beta constantly. ...but then, I am old and senile Stick out tongue 

Have one laptop—no desktop—and also run Logos exclusively beta. I guess I’m in the young and stupid camp.😂

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2019 11:57 AM

Reuben Helmuth:
Have one laptop—no desktop—and also run Logos exclusively beta. I guess I’m in the young and stupid camp.😂

Are you really young?

Posts 21
Tim Nargi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2019 1:00 PM

Jeffrey S. Robison:

Out of curiosity, did Logos work for you in Catalina yet?

Just loaded the beta and it works in Catalina.

Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS