Classic Commentaries and Studies on Genesis (22 Vols.)

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:17 PM

Classic Commentaries and Studies on Genesis (22 Vols.) looks interesting.

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/6496

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:23 PM

Yes indeed! Just ordered it.

EDIT: Yikes, if the recent slew of pre-pub collections on each book of the Bible from Sheffield Academic Press is any precedent, I bet we can expect to see a new "Classic Commentaries and Studies on ___" collection for each major book of the Bible in the coming months. As if I didn't already have enough thousands of dollars worth of stuff sitting in my pre-pub basket. Surprise

Posts 2452
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:08 PM

As much as I would love to get this set, I don't think I would ever get around to reading 22 different books on Genesis.  Besides I'm already am way behind on reading the previous resources I have bought. 

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:14 PM

Well, Genesis and Revelation are my two favorite books of the Bible, and I've taught from them, so it's worth it for me to own a specialized commentary collection for each of them. I don't generally read commentaries cover to cover, but they are good for searching in and skimming the sections around the verses you're studying.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:45 PM

Rosie Perera:
I bet we can expect to see a new "Classic Commentaries and Studies on ___" collection for each major book of the Bible in the coming months.

I am already drowning in Pre-Pubs. It kinda feels like I am trying to drink in the ocean as each wave crashes over me. Sometimes I wish my interests were much narrower.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2010 1:11 PM

Alex Scott:

Classic Commentaries and Studies on Genesis (22 Vols.) looks interesting.

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/6496

Thanks for sharing!  Missed this somehow ....  Just ordered them and hope they don't come next week ...  *smile*         Yours in Christ,          ...   Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2011 3:04 PM

using Charles Spurgeon's Commenting and Commentaries, here are his reviews for some of the volumes in this Genesis commentary collection:

on Henry Alford: The works of this eminent scholar are too well known and appreciated to need even a word from us.

on Robert Smith CandlishWe venture to characterize this as the work upon Genesis, so far as Lectures can make up an exposition; we have greatly profited by its perusal. It should be in every Biblical library.

on Henry Charles Groves: Physical science, the discoveries of travellers, and the results of criticism, so far as they bear upon Genesis, are here brought within the reach of the general reader.

on James Gracey Murphy: “A work of massive scholarship, abounding in rich and noble thought, and remarkably fresh and suggestive.”—Evangelical Mag.

on Henry Blunt: Simple Expositions for family reading. Good, but not brilliant.

on Francis CloseA course of smoothly-flowing, respectable, quiet, evangelical sermons. Nobody could be so wicked as to call them sensational.

on John Cumming: Dr. Cumming’s works are not very original, but his style is flowing, his teachings are always evangelical, and he puts other men’s thoughts into pleasing language.

on Andrew Jukes: In many places far too forced, and therefore to be read with caution; but in its own spiritualizing way very masterly. Jukes dives deep.

on John S. McIntosh: Precious and edifying reflections marred by peculiarities.

on C. H. H. Wright: Intended to assist the student who has mastered the elements of Hebrew Grammar to acquire a better knowledge of that language. Rather a class-book than a Commentary.

Looking forward to see this CP make it out soon!

Posts 3731
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2011 9:21 PM

And here's a link to what appears to be the new community-pricing page for the same series (?), since it's getting near 100%.

http://www.logos.com/product/8531/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-genesis 

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 5:21 AM

Just wait till after Wednesday midday to bid, soi we have an extra week to get the price down!

Posts 6699
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 5:42 AM

Paul Newsome:
using Charles Spurgeon's Commenting and Commentaries, here are his reviews for some of the volumes in this Genesis commentary collection:

Thanks for sharing Paul.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2011 6:41 AM

I've been anxiously waiting for this one to reach 100% in CP.  I'm getting excited that it's getting close. 

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 1:35 PM

While everyone seems to be abuzz about Vyrso, Perseus, and the latest "over the top" CP, Works of Richard R. Ottley, why not place a bid for the Classic Commentaries and Studies on Genesis.

22 volumes spanning 19 different authors with some real gems!

Posts 3731
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 1:46 PM

I've been in since Nov, 2010.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2452
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2011 4:14 PM

I'm in at $30...for now.  After Wednesday I'll raise it to $40 to hopefully give it another week on the CP page.   I plan on watching this one so I don't miss out if it closes this Friday.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 3:34 PM

While everyone seems to be abuzz about Proclaim, 4.5 Beta 1, and the latest "over the top" CP, Sermons of the Late Edward Dorr Griffin (2 vols.), why not place a bid for the Classic Commentaries and Studies on Genesis.

5% left to go at $40 with some real gems!

Wink

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 11:31 AM

Alright, so this thread has 15 posts and over a thousand views!  Either everyone has signed up for Classic Commentaries and Studies on Genesis (22 Vols.) or people just want to read my boring posts.  I'd say only a couple percent remain until this fine collection of writings will make it into pre-pub.

Won't you come? (It always worked for B.G.!)

Posts 11529
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:01 PM

Paul Newsome:
Won't you come? (It always worked for B.G.!)

okay, you persuaded me (along with the folks in the other thread:  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/39350.aspx ). I'm in now. 

Had to think about the B.G. part, but solved it without further research. Do we need some slow CCM playing in the background of CP advertising threads?Wink

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 5:41 PM

It's going OVER at any moment now!            *smile*

I'm in, of course ............

My questions:  Right now it is Friday evening, October 14 (EST) - if it went over this weekend, or even on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday -- When would be the cut-off Friday?  Next Friday?  How long will we have to get the price even lower than this fantastic price?

2 Thessalonians 3:16

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 14 2011 5:55 PM

Ronald Quick:

I'm in at $30...for now.  After Wednesday I'll raise it to $40 to hopefully give it another week on the CP page.   I plan on watching this one so I don't miss out if it closes this Friday.

I would suggest that anyone who hasn't already gotten in but wants to get in at $30.  That way you will be notified when it goes over if you aren't at the proper level and can then adjust your bid.  Also, you won't drive it over the line before Wednesday.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1517
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2011 11:52 PM

I'm in....I'm still not sure why.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS