Bug: Notes timestamps inconsistency

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 9 2019 12:56 AM

The Created vs Modified timestamps obviously handle timezone differences inconsistently. I'm 8 hours ahead of the timezone where I assume this note was created. It looks like the Created timestamp makes the adjustment but the modified timestamp doesn't...

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 24 2019 4:53 PM

Bump. Has this been seen?

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 24 2019 7:13 PM

Hi Reuben,

I'm checking with the Notes team to see what is going on.

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 24 2019 7:36 PM

Reuben - I think you are misreading the timestamps. Read it again carefully. Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2019 11:50 AM

JT (alabama24):
Reuben [JT] - I think you are misreading the timestamps. Read it again carefully. Wink

Check the dates specifically, and think through the logic "carefully". 😜

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2019 12:10 PM

You will have to make it explicit, I have no idea what you are trying to point out as a bug. You have a really old note, created on January 7, 2010 at 4:01 AM. You modified the note (recently) on June 6, 2019 at 11:57 PM.

What am I missing? What do timezones have to do with anything? If this is a brand new note, you did not make that clear in your OP. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2019 10:59 PM

JT, the note is from a shared notebook and the "owner" of the note is in a different timezone (which is what those have to do with it). Sorry, I thought I had included the relevant info in my OP, but apparently not. When I first noticed this, I looked like it was showing "saved in the future" date for me. I'll see if I can find my original capturing info. Obviously not a huge deal considering the "bigger fish to fry"!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS