Search for reading thoughts

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
JKG | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 9 2019 8:16 PM

Hello all.  Can someone help with a search using any of the search tools that can find all the verses where Jesus knows someone's thoughts/reads mind?  How can this be expanded to include anyone reading another's thoughts?

Thank you.
John

Posts 2298
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2019 1:56 PM

JKG:

Hello all.  Can someone help with a search using any of the search tools that can find all the verses where Jesus knows someone's thoughts/reads mind?  How can this be expanded to include anyone reading another's thoughts?

Thank you.
John

Welcome to the forums, JKG! Smile

Perhaps someone can come up with a more elegant approach. All I could devise is this simple proximity search 

Jesus NEAR (knew, knowing, perceived, aware) as you can see I limited my search to the Gospels and searched my Top Bibles. There are some false positives, but they are readily recognized as such.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 562
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 8:30 PM

JKG:

I looked in quick collection Jesus...    

Jesus NEAR "mind read"

It would be interesting to look up "mind read" in Spiritual gifts collection if you are charismatic.

In a topical resource I found:

"MIND READING

Jesus knew men’s thoughts, Matthew 9:4; Luke 5:22; 6:8; 11:17."

Anderson, K. (1996). Where to Find It in the Bible. Nashville: T. Nelson Publishers.

The screen capture above has in the right an interesting resource that talks about:

"Jesus’ Supernatural Knowledge

Jesus’ supernatural knowledge can be subdivided into two distinct types: his knowledge of human hearts and his very detailed knowledge of future events."

Gathercole, S. J. (2006). The Preexistent Son: Recovering the Christologies of Matthew, Mark, and Luke (p. 70). Grand Rapids, MI; Cambridge, U.K.: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.

You may also want to look for: Jeus NEAR foresee.

Hope this helps.

Posts 24736
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 4:10 AM

Beloved:

All I could devise is this simple proximity search 

Jesus NEAR (knew, knowing, perceived, aware) as you can see I limited my search to the Gospels and searched my Top Bibles. There are some false positives, but they are readily recognized as such.

Try <Person Jesus> NEAR (knew, knowing, perceived, aware); which gives more positives, along with some false positives.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2
JKG | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 9:27 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions.

John

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS