BUG: Logos crashes upon startup after opening after passage guide opened to certain passage

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Kellogg Family | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:59 PM

Description
Logos crashes upon startup

Steps to reproduce

1. I opened logos 4. (I also had my notes, and the ESV and RST, explorer, and some other things open in other tabs in my layout)
  2. I went in passage guide to 8:4-15
  3. Logos crashed and thereafter upon startup (since my settings have it opening to last layout), it crashes as soon as that passage guide starts loading.

Actual Result
It crashed

Expected Result
Instead of crashing, i expected it to open the passage guide to those verses

System Specs
Laptop | Windows Experience Index: 3.4 | Intel Core Duo 2 L9400 @1.86 GHz | 3GB RAM | 12" monitor at 1280 x 800 | Mobile Intel RMA 4500MHD | 128 GB SSD | Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit - all patches. | Microsoft Security Essentials– up to date

Comments
7673.Logos4Crash.zipWhen it crashed the first time, it apparently had not yet saved the layout, so I could open it and I tried reproducing the problem by going to each of the verses in the passage guide (Luke 8:4, Luke8:5, etc) and no particular verse caused the crash. I then tried various ranges (Luke 8:4-8, Luke 8:8-15 etc) and those also did not cause the crash. I then tried specifically Luke 8:4-15 and it crashed again and this time it saved the layout so now it crashes upon opening.

Posts 18669
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:48 PM

You can bypass the crash on opening by holding down the Ctrl key which forces you to log in again and on the login screen you can choose to start up with no layout. Do this. Then see if you can reproduce the initial crash by going to Luke 8:4-15 again. I'm able to do it without crashing.

The error message in your log file is "No imaging component suitable to complete this operation was found." This has been attributed to video driver problems causing a crash in WPF, the platform Logos is built upon. You could try updating to the latest video driver or rolling back to a previous version. There's more info in this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10428.aspx 

If you have no luck with that, I think it's time to call Customer Service.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 2:13 PM

Is the problem still occurring?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS