Page 1 of 5 (96 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 95 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 48
Jan Kleinsmit | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:48 PM

I posted this question under 'General' but would like to do it here as it is rather important if I am to make the pre-pub offer for the "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew" video series.

I have the Leader's Library - how much of what is covered in the videos can be practiced using the tools available with the Leader's edition, 25%, 50%, 75%, other?

This is important to me as it is not financially feasible for me to upgrade in order to utilize the "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew" video series.

Many thanks,

Jan

Posts 19040
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:50 PM

Jan, unfortunately since this is an unreleased product none of us has seen it and we can't answer your question. You will need to email sales@logos.com to ask about that.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 11:02 PM

Jan Kleinsmit:
it is not financially feasible for me to upgrade in order to utilize

I don't want to steer in one way or the other here.  I see it as a benefit to get it.  Right now it is 159.....Later it will be 499.  That is a 300 dollar increase.  It is not possible to upgrade (now)....may be later.   I was just looking at comparison chart.  It seems leaders to scholars is only 300 dollars so upgrade is 250??  Anyway, the point is....Can you afford 550 later?   It seems you have some language books. 

Just my 0.02 

Posts 1514
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 11:47 PM

I know that they recommend having BDAG and CHALOT.

Posts 48
Jan Kleinsmit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 1:24 AM

Thanks Rosie,

Have contacted sales and will post their reply for others to see once I receive it.

Posts 858
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:56 AM

Well, I was hoping the DVDs would come in today's mail, but they didn't. Sad

Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:57 AM

EricSWeiss:

Well, I was hoping the DVDs would come in today's mail, but they didn't. Sad

Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

Mine didn't BUT I know that somebody on the forums has gotten theirs because they asked a question about the TOC.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:01 AM

Just loaded both on my HD - started watching a few minutes ago. Very good quality and I am pretty pumped to watch every last one.Big Smile

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:25 AM

Ron Barry:
Just loaded both on my HD -

Jamming a 10 penny nail in my homemade Ron Barry voodoo doll...(just in case you're wondering why your neck started hurting.) Surprise

Robert Pavich

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 12:24 PM

and I thought it was arthritis...man these are good.

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 12:50 PM

"I know that they recommend having BDAG and CHALOT."

Went ahead an bit the bullet...ordered both BDAG and CHALOT a few minutes ago.....Hoping Monday I will have my videos.....

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 7:27 PM

Man, my head is exploding...it's like going back to square one in my approach to the process of study. That's all for tonight. Ouch.

Posts 10787
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 4:42 AM

Robert Pavich:
Mine didn't

I was tempted to rub salt into the would by telling you that mine came in the mail yesterday (Saturday), but I won't. Geeked

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 4:46 AM

Jack Caviness:
I was tempted to rub salt into the would by telling you that mine came in the mail yesterday (Saturday), but I won't. Geeked

Jack, brother....

Paul had his thorn, I have you... Wink

I guess that means that I should thank God for you....

God bless you brother...

bob

Robert Pavich

Posts 10787
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 5:12 AM

Robert Pavich:

Paul had his thorn, I have you... Wink

I guess that means that I should thank God for you....

Glad to be of service! Big Smile

Posts 48
Jan Kleinsmit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 8:28 AM

Hi William,

After much thought and deliberation and a lot of influence from kind folk like you I 'bit the bullet' and went for the top: Upgraded from Leader's to Scholars, bought BDAG and obviously the Video Series.

Have not received the video series yet (takes three weeks here in South Africa) but I am happy after all that I took the plunge. Hopefully I will receive the videos before the credit card statement!

Thank you William and others (including Dave Kaplan of Logos) who advised me through this whole process.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 9:20 AM

Jan Kleinsmit:

Hi William,

After much thought and deliberation and a lot of influence from kind folk like you I 'bit the bullet' and went for the top: Upgraded from Leader's to Scholars, bought BDAG and obviously the Video Series.

Have not received the video series yet (takes three weeks here in South Africa) but I am happy after all that I took the plunge. Hopefully I will receive the videos before the credit card statement!

Thank you William and others (including Dave Kaplan of Logos) who advised me through this whole process.

Hey...! that's great! You won't be sorry....

Robert Pavich

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:19 AM

Jan Kleinsmit:
After much thought and deliberation and a lot of influence from kind folk like you

Jan,

I am sure you will love these video's.  Now that you have a much bigger library as well I am sure everything will be good.  I have not gotten my video's yet.  I just pray the Lord Bless you through this purchase.  I was very hesitant to offer the advice I did because of the financial piece you mentioned.  If nothing else, I was thinking get the video's now and upgrade later to Scholar's and BDAG.  Just have a great time learning and growing in the Lord of mercy and grace.

Posts 29
Clay Brisbois | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 12:34 PM

Just got the videos today (Philly area), looking forward to checking them out.  2 DVDs (1 Greek, 1 Hebrew) with "Moe's Top 10 Keyboard Shortcuts" on a card.

The terms of use state that these can be presented "in a group setting, provided your students own a copy."  Does this mean that every student in the class needs to own a copy of the DVDs?  Or they need to own a copy of Logos 4?

Posts 10787
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 12:36 PM

Clay Brisbois:
he terms of use state that these can be presented "in a group setting, provided your students own a copy."  Does this mean that every student in the class needs to own a copy of the DVDs?  Or they need to own a copy of Logos 4?

I believe that means that each person in the class will need a copy of the DVDs.

Page 1 of 5 (96 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS