Passage Guide does not populate Journal Results

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Benjamin Bryant | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 15 2019 11:25 AM

I downloaded a Journal (JBL 113) for an article it had on Mark 11. I'm noticing that it's not playing nice with the Passage Guide for some reason. 

When I search the Passage Guide for <Mark 11> results will populate for the various categories EXCEPT Journals. e.g. I get results in Cross References, Commentaries, Parallel Passages, etc., but nothing in the Journals section.

When I search my entire library, i.e. "everything", I get plenty of hits, including JBL 113. 

When I search a journal directly (JBL 113 for example), I get about two dozen results.

JBL 113 is tagged as: Journal • bbl; journal; journal-of-biblical-literature; journals; theology

What gives?

Posts 1627
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 11:50 AM

Journals, like Sermons, [[and some other categories/types etc]  are not all tagged [yet] for the Passage Guide.

And no, I do not know which are and which are not.

If you put your Journals into a Collection and then search that collection for a Bible reference  with the  "Cited By" tool you will get much beter results.

Sorry

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1788
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 6:08 PM

There's a huge batch of journal tagging that hasn't shipped to users yet. It's blocked by a bug that we're working on. I think that should be fixed in the next month or two. When it is, you should start seeing results from all your journals. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time.

Posts 8833
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 7:56 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
There's a huge batch of journal tagging that hasn't shipped to users yet. It's blocked by a bug that we're working on. I think that should be fixed in the next month or two.

Looking forward to this fix and I'm sure many others are too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS