Logos 8 Messianic Jewish Base Packages - Now Available!

Page 1 of 4 (78 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 77 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 18 2019 3:20 PM

Hi all,

We're excited to announce the launch of the Logos 8 Messianic Jewish base packages, filled with resources to help your Bible study from a Messianic Jewish perspective.

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 3:40 PM

I have been looking at these, and like most base packages, they offer excellent value — especially Starter and Bronze.

Previously on these forums we've discussed buying strategies for base packages. If you're going for a big package, is it cheaper to buy the big package, or buy each package in turn, working up from the smallest?

I've done the maths so you don't have to. For the Messianic packages, the smaller packages have a bigger discount. Therefore there are reasonably significant savings to be had by buying the smaller packages first.

In my case I was originally quoted $148.85 for Diamond. But by buying Starter, then Bronze, all the way up to Diamond, I only paid $120.15, a saving of $28.70, or 19.3%. Everyone's dollar amounts and percentage savings will differ (depending on dynamic pricing), but everyone should save a decent amount.

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 3:55 PM

Mark Barnes:

I have been looking at these, and like most base packages, they offer excellent value — especially Starter and Bronze.

Previously on these forums we've discussed buying strategies for base packages. If you're going for a big package, is it cheaper to buy the big package, or buy each package in turn, working up from the smallest?

I've done the maths so you don't have to. For the Messianic packages, the smaller packages have a bigger discount. Therefore there are reasonably significant savings to be had by buying the smaller packages first.

In my case I was originally quoted $148.85 for Diamond. But by buying Starter, then Bronze, all the way up to Diamond, I only paid $120.15, a saving of $28.70, or 19.3%. Everyone's dollar amounts will vary, but the percentage savings should remain similar.

How do you figure this Mark?  When I look at the percentages quoted, I save 74% off Starter and Bronze, 78% off Silver, 81% off Gold, 85% off Platinum, and then 78% off Diamond.  Would it not be best for me to buy Platinum and then Diamond?  Please keep in mind that I teach English and not math!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1830
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:04 PM

When I was looking at the package details platinum and diamond both stated that I would receive the same number of resources, but they had a $3 and change price difference. 

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:16 PM

Joseph Turner:
How do you figure this Mark?  When I look at the percentages quoted, I save 74% off Starter and Bronze, 78% off Silver, 81% off Gold, 85% off Platinum, and then 78% off Diamond.  Would it not be best for me to buy Platinum and then Diamond?  Please keep in mind that I teach English and not math!

The discount that matters is not your dynamic pricing discount, but the cost of the base package compared to the cost of buying all the resources individually. Usually that figure is around 90%. For example, Gold has $11,199.30 for $950, a discount rate of 91.52%. 

The discount rates for each Messianic Jewish package is as follows:

• Starter is 97.13%
  • Bronze is 95.46%
  • Silver is 92.83%.
  • Gold is 91.52%.
  • Platinum is 91.26%
  • Diamond is 91.15%

You should always buy packages in order of this discount level.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:17 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

When I was looking at the package details platinum and diamond both stated that I would receive the same number of resources, but they had a $3 and change price difference. 

Platinum would be the slightly cheaper one, because that has the slightly larger discount rate, shown in my list above.

Posts 2237
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:17 PM

These are wonderful. My budget is going to be so toast!Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:21 PM

Mark Barnes:

Joseph Turner:

The discount that matters is not your dynamic pricing discount, but the cost of the base package compared to the cost of buying all the resources individually. Usually that figure is around 90%. For example, Gold has $11,199.30 for $950, a discount rate of 91.52%. 

The discount rates for each Messianic Jewish package is as follows:

• Starter is 97.13%
  • Bronze is 95.46%
  • Silver is 92.83%.
  • Gold is 91.52%.
  • Platinum is 91.26%
  • Diamond is 91.15%

You should always buy packages in order of this discount level.

But do we assume that each resource is discounted equally?  For instance, if I own some of the more expensive resources in a package which seem to be heavily discounted under the package, then do I not get a smaller discount since I already own those items which are more heavily discounted than the others?  How do we know if everything is discounted equally across the board?

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:29 PM

Joseph Turner:
But do we assume that each resource is discounted equally?  For instance, if I own some of the more expensive resources in a package which seem to be heavily discounted under the package, then do I not get a smaller discount since I already own those items which are more heavily discounted than the others?  How do we know if everything is discounted equally across the board?

We don't have official confirmation of that, but since dynamic pricing was introduced we have worked on the assumption that the dynamic pricing discount is calculated on the basis that all resources in a base package are discounted equally. That assumption has always worked in practice.

If you're intending to buy a Messianic base package anyway, you can test the theory by buying Starter. I'm very confident you will notice the price of the other base packages will drop by significantly more than you spent on Starter. 

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:31 PM

Before buying anything the price to me for starter is $6.78 and diamond $161.52.

I bought starter and the new cost for diamond is $141.61, a fall of $19.91, so by buying starter first I save $13.13, which in contrast to the cost of starter is huge,

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:32 PM

Mark Barnes:

Joseph Turner:

We don't have official confirmation of that, but since dynamic pricing was introduced we have worked on the assumption that the dynamic pricing discount is calculated on the basis that all resources in a base package are discounted equally. That assumption has always worked in practice.

If you're intending to buy a Messianic base package anyway, you can test the theory by buying Starter. I'm very confident you will notice the price of the other base packages will drop by significantly more than you spent on Starter. 

Good point!  I'll try.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:39 PM

Mike Pettit:

Before buying anything the price to me for starter is $6.78 and diamond $161.52.

I bought starter and the new cost for diamond is $141.61, a fall of $19.91, so by buying starter first I save $13.13, which in contrast to the cost of starter is huge,

That's exactly the sort of figures I would expect. The savings grow proportionately less as you move to bigger base packages, because the difference in the discount rate between Starter and Diamond is much bigger than the difference in the discount rate between Platinum and Diamond.

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 4:52 PM

Mine turned out as follows:

Starter          8.87    Purchased

Bronze        33.42       19.93    Purchased   

Silver          87.21        66.50        36.24     Purchased

Gold         172.75       148.51      113.30         71.40   Purchased

Platinum   218.57       193.19      156.39       112.70       38.53     Purchased

Diamond   615.99       590.46      553.50      509.70      435.51       397.08

So basically, my original price for Platinum was 218.57, and I paid 174.97 by working up to it.  I have not purchased Diamond, but my price would go from 615.99 to 572.05.

Thanks Mark!

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 5:03 PM

Joseph Turner:
So basically, my original price for Platinum was 218.57, and I paid 174.97 by working up to it.  I have not purchased Diamond, but my price would go from 615.99 to 572.05.

That's a saving of $43.60 or nearly 20%. That's more than me Smile!

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 6:18 PM

Great strategy Joseph. I just followed your lead.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 6:24 PM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):
We're excited to announce the launch of the Logos 8 Messianic Jewish base packages, filled with resources to help your Bible study from a Messianic Jewish perspective.

Let me simply say, "Thank you!" This was a completely unexpected surprise.

Mark, thanks for taking the time to work out the numbers/discounts.

I hope these packages will be a blessing to everyone who has requested and patiently waited for them.

Baruch HaShem

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 7:13 PM

Confirmed!

I did work my way up purchasing the packages, it brought down the Diamond from $134 (if purchased directly) to $113 (when purchased from bottom up).

Saving 15%.

Thanks man.

side note: My diamond package wasn't available anymore once I purchased the platinum, that which is lower.

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 7:23 PM

Joseph Turner:

Mine turned out as follows:

Starter          8.87    Purchased

Bronze        33.42       19.93    Purchased   

Silver          87.21        66.50        36.24     Purchased

Gold         172.75       148.51      113.30         71.40   Purchased

Platinum   218.57       193.19      156.39       112.70       38.53     Purchased

Diamond   615.99       590.46      553.50      509.70      435.51       397.08

Thanks Mark!

Yes thanks Mark! And thank Joseph for sharing this. It's good to see it proved out with a real example (without me actually having to spend money Wink).

Posts 286
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 7:34 PM

I figured that for under $11, I’d grab starter.

I’m curious (being somewhat ignorant about Messianic Judaism) about the inclusion of certain 19th century Protestant authors in the sets. Was that just for purposes of studying Scripture in general or do they have special meaning for Messianic Jews?

Can someone enlighten my ignorance?

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 11:43 PM

The term "Messianic Jews" is a sort of grab-bag moniker for Jews who accept Yeishuua` as both Son and Messiah. But there are vagaries of belief among those who have that single fact in common. Some become almost entirely Gentilized, forsaking Jewish holidays for "historically Christian" ones, like Easter and Christmas. Some reject Easter and Christmas as pagan interlopers into true Biblical worship. Some throw it all into one pot and stir. There are other issues as well that provoke and receive varying understandings and practices. For instance, some basically practice rabbinic Judaism unchanged except for acceptance of Yeishuua`; others reject virtually everything rabbinic as effectively, if not inherently, unbiblical.

Generally speaking, MJs are not a unified collective, and some will be more interested in historical Christianity (of whatever stripe) than others.

A fairly common mistake for more traditional Christians is to assume that "Messianic" is solely a collective term for Jews Who Accept Jesus. There are Messianics who are not Jews but who have a pro-Tohraah perspective and don't believe Yeishuua` "kept the law so we don't have to" (what I call "Easy Off" religion).

Page 1 of 4 (78 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS