Buying L3 CDS and using in L4

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9
Kate Blackham | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 10 2010 5:40 AM

Hi all,

I'm sure this has probably been dealt with elsewhere in a thread or the wiki but can't seem to find it so sorry I'm posting here.

I want to buy some third-party material (in particular some of CPH's Logos 3 CDs). I am new to Logos 4 and did not use Logos 3. I understand that it's somehow all ok, but what exactly should I do, once I order the CDs and they arrive. Should I install some Logos 3 engine? Do I phone/email someone at Logos and get it "remotely" activated?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Kate

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2010 6:14 AM

Don't install Logos3 (Libronix). Just ring customer support (or email) with the Serial number on the CD case and they will activate them for Logos4 (L4) provided you supply your Logos account details.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9
Kate Blackham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 1:54 AM

Thanks Dave, will do that.

Posts 6
Patrick J. Madden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:29 AM

Suppose I already installed Libronix.  Should I uninstall it?

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:45 AM

PatrickJMadden:

You can keep Logos 3 installed if you want to, I have it installed alongside Logos 4 so that I can use smart tags in Word and also for the home pages that came with the Standard Publishing Sunday School Lessons that simplify access to the PowerPoint and PDF files. I don't have my full Library installed for Logos 3 just 6 years of Standard Publishing, Nelson's Ultimate, the NASB, NIV and NIRV. 

For me its worth keeping Logos 3 for these two features.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 5:58 PM

PatrickJMadden:

As Graham has responded there are personal reasons why you would want to keep Libronix but it can still be used to activate Libronix titles that you buy on CD's (many at bargain prices!) so they can be used in L4.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 117
Lionel B Dyck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 7:02 AM

There really should be an easier/quicker way than this.

Posts 2
Ervin Furne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 5:08 PM

Loaded third party CD on 3 but the resources do not show up on 4 in my library. (they show up fine in the 3 library)

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 5:19 PM

ErvinFurne:

Loaded third party CD on 3 but the resources do not show up on 4 in my library. (they show up fine in the 3 library)

If they show up in the library, and assuming they are Logos resources:

1. Close Logos 4 if open, and Open Logos 3

2. Synchronize licenses in Logos 3

3. Close Logos 3

4. Open Logos 4

5. Enter "Update resources" (without quotes) in the command box. Wait until you see that command show up in the  drop down below the command box, then hit enter.

6. It will either search for updates for awhile, then in about 5 minutes or so tell you it is downloading resources, in which case you are done. If it says No updates, exit Logos 4, run it again, and do the same thing. That should get the resources down.\

If they are not logos resources, i.e. they are a third party resources, from the Logos 4 command bar type Scan <full name of your Logos 3 resources folder>. The default under Windows 7 would be:

Scan C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources

Posts 2
Ervin Furne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 8:30 PM

Thanks, it worked!!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:16 AM

Great! Enjoy.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS