Updated Logos.com Website!

Page 3 of 7 (130 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 129 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 182
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2019 11:17 PM

Aaargh!

The MOST annoying feature for me is still on the new website. Why is the limit of products shown in a search still the very measly and tiny 60 per page? Please, please add a show ALL results. (or better still, like most modern sites, have a dynamically refreshing list as I scroll down!!)

Also please store the number selected in a cookie or similar, so it's not 3 page refreshes each and every time I search for products! Thanks.

PS Does this website sort out the international pricing issue that will finally publishers to allow users to purchase items that were previously 'unavailable for purchase in your country'?

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2019 11:38 PM

There are several bugs in how the new site displays the Lexham Press New Testament Studies Bundle (70 vols.) for me.

1) It's showing me a dynamic price of $72.26, and yet total value if sold separately is less than that at $64.95.

2) The list of volumes I'd get if I purchased it (i.e., when I have "Hide resources I own" checked) is empty.

If I turn off the "Hide resources I own" checkbox, I can see a bunch of resources I don't own yet listed. These should all have showed up when I had "Hide resources I own" checked.

• High Definition Commentary: James $13.99
  • James Verse By Verse (Osborne New Testament Commentaries) $13.99
  • Jesus Wins: The Good News of the End Times $9.99
  • The Righteous and Merciful Judge: The Day of the Lord in the Life and Theology of Paul $14.99
  • The Star of Bethlehem: Science, History, and Meaning $11.99

(and indeed, their total comes to $64.95, confirming that was a correct total, but the dynamic price is suspect)

3) You can't click and drag the mouse to select most of the entries in the list of resources, only ones that are expanded under an item that had a caret next to it. See video.

-------------------------------------------------

There's also a bug in how the new site displays the Lexham Press Old Testament Studies Bundle (42 vols.) for me. It's showing me a dynamic price of $35.78, and yet total value if sold separately is $0. In fact, there are no resources in this bundle that I don't already own. If I turn off the "Hide resources I own" checkbox, I can confirm this. They all say Owned. So the dynamic price should be $0, and Add to Cart should be greyed out.

Posts 322
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 12:06 AM

Hello FL - Please don't ignore this.

There is a problem with the pre-order product pages.

Previously, I could see if a resource is included in another bundle. Now that detail is gone.

Can you fix this?

I do not want to double-preorder a resource which is in a bundle I already pre-ordered.

So unless this is fixed, I can't do any pre-order.

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 1826
ilian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 12:17 AM

Kiyah:
The first thing I typically want to know about a product is whether or not it is in any collections.

I miss this (under the price)!

Posts 18651
Posts 2237
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 12:43 AM

I really like the way things look.on the new website. It's much easier to see things. That could be a problem to my wallet....Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1631
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 1:35 AM

Natalie Winburn:
a major update to our Logos.com website today

Thanks for the update. Teething issues experienced in the first few minutes of use:

1. For pre-pubs, we used to know the (approximate) date it was being released. Can we still see that?
  2. The first pre-pub -- Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Pastoral Epistles Upgrade (10 vols.) -- is $19.99, but the "Total value if sold separately" is $0.10 (as shown below)
  3. Community Pricing can't be sorted by Progress (contrast Pre-Pub).
  4. Account | Order History is much less useful: I can't even see what I ordered last month.

Posts 5
Fábio Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 1:47 AM

Hi, I don't know how big is your Portuguese speaking customer base and how many of them are from Portugal or Brazil or from other Lusophone countries. But seeing that you have the different kinds of Spanish with different flags and not for Portugal might throw some off. 

Don't get me wrong, continental and Brazilian Portuguese are quite similar and most don't mind brazilianisms, we are used to it specially in christian literature (most good publishers are Brazilian). So I don't think that you need to hire a Portuguese translator and proof-reader to get another language on the website, there's an easier solution to keep both customer bases happy that many other companies have adopted in the past which is to have both flags on the icon. 

This is just a minor detail and my opinion of the company and it's products remains undamaged even if you don't change this, but I seriously want Logos to do well in Portugal (I always try to convince fellow students and pastors to give it a go!) and trust me when I say we Portuguese are very proud of our language.

Posts 403
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 2:14 AM

I do not see any ship date info on PrePubs.  That is going to cut down my buying drastically.

Posts 906
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 2:33 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Lee:
"Restrictions apply" Could you set out the terms please?

1. You can use it only once.
  2. It applies only to the 25,614 products in this list; 7,094 products don't qualify (including base packages).
  3. The discount expires in roughly two weeks.
  4. There's no minimum spending requirement or maximum savings limit.

Thanks Phil. Can you be more explicit on the end date? You've had so many great sales recently I've been spending more than budgeted. I'd love to pick up some more books but need to delay until July 14th. I'm sure a known end date creates a flurry of orders for Faithlife - in a positive way.

Posts 21877
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 2:54 AM

Robert Neely:

I do not see any ship date info on PrePubs.  That is going to cut down my buying drastically.

Can you give an example? I see a date (outlined in red)

Or do you mean there are some prepubs for which there is no ship date? That was always the case until getting nearer to production.

Posts 9969
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 4:41 AM

Graham Criddle:

Robert Neely:

Can you give an example? I see a date (outlined in red)

Or do you mean there are some prepubs for which there is no ship date? That was always the case until getting nearer to production.

Maybe Robert referred to the missing Sort-by-Ship-date feature (sort by progress used to work the same, but doesn't give any meaningful sort right now), which allows to see which PB will ship soon with a rebate and to lock it in at 20-30% off.

To not have this feature available will cost Faithlife sales & money, I presume. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 403
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 4:59 AM

Yes the sort by progress is useless.  I want to see the prepubs shipping this week, not hundreds of random prepubs. The last chance filter is a little better but not much. 

Posts 1831
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 5:06 AM

Any time I click on a book to see more information about it, I quickly see it then I am looking at basically a blank page. 

Posts 323
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 5:08 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Lee:
"Restrictions apply" Could you set out the terms please?

1. You can use it only once.
  2. It applies only to the 25,614 products in this list; 7,094 products don't qualify (including base packages).
  3. The discount expires in roughly two weeks.
  4. There's no minimum spending requirement or maximum savings limit.

The coupon code doesn't seem to be working on items that are on sale already (30%+)...?

Posts 3659
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 5:12 AM

I like the improved look and the sorting features. Obviously still wrinkles to iron out. One of these would be the way that titles that used to show with no price now show like this:

It is still just as unclear to the user what sort of products these are and why they are displayed in this way.

Also, do others find that the Romans High Definition commentary and a few other resources keep appearing in the Logos 8 Basic package list of unowned items even when owned?

Thanks for the work going in seeking to provide a better website experience. We'll keep on pointing out what is still not up to par to help achieve this goal. 

Posts 2290
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 5:15 AM

There's also another coupon code on es.logos.com

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 10126
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 5:15 AM

NB.Mick:
To not have this feature available will cost Faithlife sales & money, I presume. 

Actually, one of the big issues with Logos.com was people buying individual books, not the packages. A big contributor was the prepubs (and of course the ship date for last minute shoppers). By eliminating this feature, increasing the block size per resource (force the insistent shopper to scroll, scroll, scroll), and hiding the most useful information (often the culprit), the new design promises a much better FL experience.

I periodically used the Catholic FL site already, and the strategy certainly works for me! I try a page, and get exhausted and give up.

More seriously, I think they copied Home Depot's site, where you already know you need the high speed drill with the snap-on bits. No one goes 'shopping' at Home Depot.

Posts 3659
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 5:37 AM

This does not make sense to me:

Posts 2290
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 5:52 AM

(Summer Sale) AND (Library Expansions)

Not very smart indeed.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 3 of 7 (130 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS