Recommended Feature? Download and update library upon program closure of Logos 8 (not start up)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Chad Hardin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 30 2019 9:57 AM

I disabled "Automatically Start Downloads" as it seems to really reduce the start up time of Logos 8. Does anyone know if I can have Logos 8 download and update the library when I close Logos 8 rather than start up? If not, is there a place I can recommend a feature for future update? Thank you!

Posts 402
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 30 2019 11:51 AM

The application is required to be open in order to perform a library update. I believe you are suggesting that it hold off on shutting down until all indexing is completed, otherwise, what is the point.  That could take quite a long time in some cases.

If you leave your machine on and the app running, you can use the download scheduler to specify a particular time range for the app to do its updates, e.g., midnight and 2:00 am.  This feature is accessed via the program settings.

You can leave your suggestions for improvements here:  https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-8 

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 30 2019 12:18 PM

Chad Hardin:
Does anyone know if I can have Logos 8 download and update the library when I close Logos 8 rather than start up?

That would perhaps work well on a desktop, not so much on a laptop. Many of us have made the switch as you have and we run the command "update now" when it is convenient for us to do so. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24851
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 30 2019 6:26 PM

As you have  disabled "Automatically Start Downloads", you can start the download when you are ready (by clicking on the Notification), but Logos has to be open during that time.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS