Second "demo" account? Sub-account?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1364
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 1 2019 10:17 AM

In August, I'm going to be doing a 4-hr (really 4x1-hour) presentation over the course of four days on "Understanding the Bible by putting the Text in Context." My audience will consist of interested laypeople, probably 99% LDS. Among other things, I'm going to model how you can use Logos to jump from English directly into a lexicon. 

Now, is there a way for me to set up Logos (second account, second user, something?) in a way which has a very limited number of resources, say, the free ones plus Mounce's lexicon and an NRSV? I own these, of course. I'm just wondering how I might create a "new user" setup to model for people who are willing, at first, to download, use the free version, and spend say, 50-100$ on resources. 

This is an untapped market, although I understand why Logos is reticent. (Please keep replies non-theological, and go see my post- https://community.logos.com/forums/t/88557.aspx ) 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 10:27 AM

All you really need is another email address. You can "purchase" free items and others that you desire. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1364
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 10:32 AM

Is there a way to "share" a few purchased items to that account? I'm assuming not, but I don't want to rebuy Mounce for $30, for example. 

Edit: or is this overkill? I just clean up my own UI, and prep carefully?

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 12:05 PM

Ben:
Is there a way to "share" a few purchased items to that account?

No. 

Ben:
Edit: or is this overkill? I just clean up my own UI, and prep carefully?

Depending upon your usage, it may be overkill or not. There are some professors in the forums who have had a different but similar situation to yours. In their case, they always wanted to make sure that their students would be able to have the "same experience." For that reason, they created a separate "bare bones" account so that they wouldn't be confused by features or resources that the students may not have access to. Personally, I think that FaithlifeConnect is a great option for newbies who want access to all features. 

If I were in your shoes, I would probably create the second account. Even if you decide to use your account, you could always flip over to the other account with specific "bare bones" questions. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 590
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 4:37 PM

Would a Collection of the resources in the basic package do something similar to what you are wanting...it would automatically limit you to the resources (not sure about the datasets though). I have done some "show and tell" myself and I've limited myself to that collection when demonstrating searches...again, I may not be quite as restricted as I think I am because the datasets may still be at the other end of the spectrum. Just an idea. :)

Posts 17963
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 9:24 PM

Ben:
I'm just wondering how I might create a "new user" setup to model for people who are willing, at first, to download, use the free version, and spend say, 50-100$ on resources. 

Logos 8 Fundamentals is $ 99.99 (that may be discounted for less).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS