The Daily 215 MB download

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 10 2010 7:29 PM

I think it's about time that Logos took this problem seriously instead of making (?intelligent) guesses as to what might be going on, and did something about it!!  We now have all the most recently updated files from Galaxie, they have been added to L3, scanned and reindexed in L4, and still the same daily 215mb download persists.

Please - find out what the problem is here and FIX IT!

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2010 9:26 PM

Alex,

I have the Galaxy journals and am not experiencing a daily 215 mb download. 

Since I'm not aware of your current predicament prior to this moment, have you enabled Diagnostic Logging And submitted logs?  If not, or even if so, would you mind uploading them here again, and maybe we'll see something?  

Or this may just sound like something you've already done - either way, I'm willing to take a look.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 3:54 AM

There have been problems with the Galaxie updates for a long time.

It is reported here on the wiki:

http://wiki.logos.com/Bug$3a_Various_issues_with_downloading_of_Galaxie_files

Problems #2 and #3 are the likely reasons why you see continual downloads.

What I do, and some others do, is I rename my Logos 3 resources folder to something like "ResourcesRenamed". Then when I run Logos 4 and do any kind of update or check for update, it won't scan the Logos 3 folder and get confused that there are files to download.  Then, when I want to use Logos 3, I ensure Logos 4 is shut down, I rename the Resources folder back to the proper name, and use it.

That's a royal pain in the $%^$^$^ but at least it avoids the download issues. 

I am with you, I hope one day this is fixed. It's very annoying.

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 4:57 AM

Maybe any automatic scan of the L3 directories can be turned off except during initial install.

THEN, add a new command something like:

•  "Scan Libronix" or
  • "Scan L3"

Just as we now have a:

• "Scan <dirname>" and
  • "Scan DVD".
Posts 26398
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:31 AM

JimT:

Maybe any automatic scan of the L3 directories can be turned off except during initial install.

THEN, add a new command something like:

Now that's a good idea (one might even wonder why the developers have not done this as the Galaxie issue has been around for over 6 months!)

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26398
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:52 AM

Alex Scott:
We now have all the most recently updated files from Galaxie, they have been added to L3, scanned and reindexed in L4, and still the same daily 215mb download persists.

Do you mean they are now logos4 format files (not lbxlls)? Because there is that other old issue of L4 preferring newer versions of lbxlls files to logos4 files (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/7980.aspx).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 9:59 AM

Dave Hooton:
Do you mean they are now logos4 format files (not lbxlls)? Because there is that other old issue of L4 preferring newer versions of lbxlls files to logos4 files (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/7980.aspx).

No Dave - these are still the .lbxlls files.  They are dated 06/09/2010 on the FTP site and show a version date of 2010-05-20T21:58:29Z  Interestingly enough, I downloaded some of these manually from the FTP site when the updater wasn't working and while the files were on the 'Updated" directory.  Now there are three files with the old date, one of them being Bibliotheca Sacra Volume 32, which is causing problems with the updater again (see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/17905.aspx?PageIndex=1 at the bottom of page one for details).  My guess is that, since the new file was at one time available, that some of these new files were not transferred when they were copied to the full FTP directory.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 26398
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:36 PM

Alex Scott:
My guess is that, since the new file was at one time available, that some of these new files were not transferred when they were copied to the full FTP directory.

That doesn't explain what is happening in L4, so could you upload your logs showing the repeated 215 MB download?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:28 PM

Dave Hooton:
That doesn't explain what is happening in L4, so could you upload your logs showing the repeated 215 MB download?

OK Dave (and Thomas) - I'll do that when I get a chance.  I'll have to review how to do all that.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 8:23 PM

3603.Logos4Indexer.zip7701.Logos4.zip

Here are the log files from my XP Desktop

Posts 26398
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 9:54 PM

Much as I suspected.

You have some obsolete resources + Galaxie BSAC files trying to download and failing each time. So:-

1. Delete obsolete files LEXBIBLE.logos4, LexhamSGGNT.lbssyn and LexhamSGGNT.lbxclv  & LexSGGlossary.logos4 from the L4 resource folder

2. Delete the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\1pg422km.jeh\UpdateManager

3. Delete the contents of C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\1pg422km.jeh\DownloadManager

(For further info see http://community.logos.com/forums/p/9797/78005.aspx).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 12 2010 3:35 AM

Thank you Dave - that seems to have done the trick.  I seem to have missed that thread in the past.  I thought we were still fighting the BSAC issue.

Alex.

Posts 26398
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 12 2010 6:55 AM

You're welcome.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS